Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

tuck/c6 turbo kit piecing together

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 08:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tuck/c6 turbo kit piecing together

starting to look at putting together my truck/c6 manifold front mount kit and was going through of making a list of things i would need for a basic kit to start, this is what ive coe up with my self so far.

-5.3L pass manifold

- C6 pass manifold

-exhaust flanges for manifolds

-synapse energy 40mm wastegate with flanges

-1/2 T4 turbo flange

-front mount intercooler, side inlet top outlet

-TURBONETICS 66mm T4 Turbo
Ball Bearing
60 Series Compressor Housing
4" inlet 2.5" outlet (s cover)
T66 T series Compressor Wheel
F1 65 Turbine Wheel
Tangential 3" V Band Turbine Housing
.81 A/R Turbine

-3in Vband clamp and flange

was thinking if all this was good, get this stuff first to start build and get the hot side made mount turbo and intercooler then build/order the rest of the piping to meet them together,

things i wernt sure of is, what size injectors to get if i ran some were between 6-8psi, stock ls1 DD so dont need anything crazy. what type/style boost controller should i get and or do i need one? and is there anything else i missed, kinda makin a list so i get an idea of were im going atm

thanks
Old 06-01-2011, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

IMHO, that A/R is way too small, your going to choke the setup. Also, including me, most use 60lb injectors and a walbro 255 pump for a stockish car/setup. For 6-8 psi isn't worth spending over $300 dollars for an EBC. You can get an MBC for under $100...that's the route I took. Eventually, when I start upping the boost, I will probably buy an EBC. But until then, my Blox MBC will work. If your car is an auto and doesn't have one, I would get a decent stall. As far as synapse energy wastegate...umm I've never heard of this company. Stick with what works and get either a Tial, JGS, or Precision Wastegate. Top it off with a Tial 60mm BOV. This should give you a good idea of a direction to head.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

synapse wastegates are some of the best wastegates that money can buy ....
you can adjust the boost on the gate itself, so unless you want to change boost on the fly you dont need a boost controller
Old 06-01-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
you can adjust the boost on the gate itself, so unless you want to change boost on the fly you dont need a boost controller
lol why i choose synapse is basically what u said, heard it was good deal for what it is, (this may be a dumb question just a heads up lol) friend gave me a "supra BOV" (i cna take pics) but its basically looks very similar to this

http://www.altaperformance.com/share...dragon/bov.jpg

should i just get a new BOV then? or would the one i have be fine, has adjustablity, looks like it attaches by a rubber hose, not really a connection persay

what would be a decent turbo to run then fo say max boost being 8psi probably, heard good things aout the TC78, i just dont wanna hit boost at 5k then shift 1k rpms later is all lol, again idk how big the tc78 is just know its bigger lol

what would be a good place to get ahold of 60LB injectors or what brand, saw some FAST injectors that i was lookin at but open for other recommandations too

http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp...d=700&catid=10

basically have this thread to get me knowing exactly what pieces or damn close, to what im going to buy and basically from were

how do yall feel about http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/ for getting parts, were i was pricing/finding most the above minus

appreciate all the help guys!
Old 06-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Originally Posted by tripblackls1

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...5&postcount=37
Old 06-01-2011, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn bro. that's why i use JGS. you forgot the Tubuilar K member.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dang. This gives a new meaning to "you get what you pay for"
Old 06-01-2011, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sweet_SS
Dang. This gives a new meaning to "you get what you pay for"
o wow lol yeah, any suggestions for a good basic one lol, and yeah was including the K member in my head >.< lol, some one said the only thing the stock one would get in the way of is the DP, and i was gunna peak when i got time and see if i could possibly trim the member a little and re weld it to get the DP to pass np
Old 06-01-2011, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tial, Precision, JGS are reasonable priced and work well. I've owned three Tials (38mm, twin 44mm's) and new my Precision 39mm. I hear JGS works really well. As for the k-member, I had to notch it for my truck manifold on the passenger side...not a whole lot of space for the down pipe. I barely have enough room for my 3". I would recommend an aftermarket k-member. Be warned, there's a quite a bit of work involved in removing that. I found that out when I pulled my oil pan for fittings. I wish I had the money at the time to get the BMR unit. It's going to suck to have to unbolt that again.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

IMHO, that A/R is way too small, your going to choke the setup. Also, including me, most use 60lb injectors and a walbro 255 pump for a stockish car/setup. For 6-8 psi isn't worth spending over $300 dollars for an EBC. You can get an MBC for under $100...that's the route I took. Eventually, when I start upping the boost, I will probably buy an EBC. But until then, my Blox MBC will work. If your car is an auto and doesn't have one, I would get a decent stall. As far as synapse energy wastegate...umm I've never heard of this company. Stick with what works and get either a Tial, JGS, or Precision Wastegate. Top it off with a Tial 60mm BOV. This should give you a good idea of a direction to head.
just reread urs, sorry lol
Old 06-01-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

Tial, Precision, JGS are reasonable priced and work well. I've owned three Tials (38mm, twin 44mm's) and new my Precision 39mm. I hear JGS works really well. As for the k-member, I had to notch it for my truck manifold on the passenger side...not a whole lot of space for the down pipe. I barely have enough room for my 3". I would recommend an aftermarket k-member. Be warned, there's a quite a bit of work involved in removing that. I found that out when I pulled my oil pan for fittings. I wish I had the money at the time to get the BMR unit. It's going to suck to have to unbolt that again.
quick repsonse lol, and ok, ill probably just get all new stuff them, Tial does pretty well then, and yeah i was guessin i was gunna have to get the kmember, hopin i didnt but lol, and i saw a how to and BMRs install instructions, dosnt look fun but looks doable, were did u guys get ut TC78 turbos from? and is that too big of a turbo for a street app? was also looking at the TC66
Old 06-01-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

did u keep ur factory Kmember then?
Old 06-01-2011, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

TC76 not 66 lol
Old 06-01-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is the first one I have heard of, I nor anybody I know has had a problems with them, although many ppl make the mistake of trying to use a mbc with them and they simply don't work with mbc's
And at 300$ or more there differently not cheap

The real funny part is I've know of lots and lots of tial gates breaking(two of myself) but there still considered the best by most ppl lol
Old 06-01-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ToxicWS6
o wow lol yeah, any suggestions for a good basic one lol, and yeah was including the K member in my head >.< lol, some one said the only thing the stock one would get in the way of is the DP, and i was gunna peak when i got time and see if i could possibly trim the member a little and re weld it to get the DP to pass np

you need the tubular K member to make room for the passenger side pipe past the AC compressor. the C6/truck setup is great although if you wanna spend 500 or so for the K member you could pick up a decent set of tubular headers for not much more and have a cleaner setup.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98TA6.0
you need the tubular K member to make room for the passenger side pipe past the AC compressor. the C6/truck setup is great although if you wanna spend 500 or so for the K member you could pick up a decent set of tubular headers for not much more and have a cleaner setup.
Like custome ones or are the aem ones, and would they sit higher so u could just run dp down driver side were the truck mani would of sat?

So if I used the synapse one I just wouldn't use a manual boost controller then?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya, I'm still using my stock K-member.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Ya, I'm still using my stock K-member.
o rlys?, if its cool u mind pics of how things are ran, or ur setup? u can pm me if u want or just put on here, up to u lol. o and u still have AC?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:21 PM
TECH Resident

If it's a KYTP TC78 kit, he's probably running turbo headers.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ToxicWS6
o rlys?, if its cool u mind pics of how things are ran, or ur setup? u can pm me if u want or just put on here, up to u lol. o and u still have AC?
PM sent. To answer your question, I don't have AC

Quick Reply: tuck/c6 turbo kit piecing together