Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS1 supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 supercharger

Hello to all I am very new here. I purchased a ls1 engine and 4l60e automatic transmission in January out of a 2004 Pontiac GTO. I dropped it in my F-Body 1983 Pontiac Trans Am for it used to have a 305 crossfire. Yes I had to go through the conversion stuff like new motor mounts, ac compressor and pumps, and converting to standalone wiring harness and more stuffbla bla bla I want to put a supercharger on it. So being totally in the dark could anyone tell me will this fit under my stock hood? Will I have to change out the rear end? Can I still use my stock 265/60/15 street tires? Can this be a simple bolt on addition to my engine how it currently is without a bunch of modifying? I am currently running on 3:42 gear ratio. I'm just trying to get a feel of if this is worth it and will I acrue more costs adding this or is it really THAT SIMPLE to throw one of these onto a stock ls1 350. I know the stock hp for 04 GTO 5.7 engine is 350. But I'd like to get to around 450-470 if possible. I am not trying to race, but would like to punch it on occasions. If so what brands of supercharger should I go with?
Old 06-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Launching!

search, its been beaten to death!
Old 06-05-2011, 11:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dm-iv
Hello to all I am very new here. I purchased a ls1 engine and 4l60e automatic transmission in January out of a 2004 Pontiac GTO. I dropped it in my F-Body 1983 Pontiac Trans Am for it used to have a 305 crossfire. Yes I had to go through the conversion stuff like new motor mounts, ac compressor and pumps, and converting to standalone wiring harness and more stuffbla bla bla I want to put a supercharger on it. So being totally in the dark could anyone tell me will this fit under my stock hood? Will I have to change out the rear end? Can I still use my stock 265/60/15 street tires? Can this be a simple bolt on addition to my engine how it currently is without a bunch of modifying? I am currently running on 3:42 gear ratio. I'm just trying to get a feel of if this is worth it and will I acrue more costs adding this or is it really THAT SIMPLE to throw one of these onto a stock ls1 350. I know the stock hp for 04 GTO 5.7 engine is 350. But I'd like to get to around 450-470 if possible. I am not trying to race, but would like to punch it on occasions. If so what brands of supercharger should I go with?
Welcome aboard!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...hirdgen-2.html

http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-1LS10...S100-D1SCI.htm

I have dimensions at the above link that are based off the crankshaft centerline, hopefully this helps you out. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-05-2011, 11:25 AM
TECH Regular

ls1 are not 350's. I make around 441hp to the tire and i still spin 275/40/17 drag radials at 55mph. On a 265 street tire i could spin tires at 80 on the high way. So i would say no... do not run street tires with that kind of power

Quick Reply: LS1 supercharger