Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo 5.3L S10 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 01:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo 5.3L S10 Questions

Hey guys, what I have is a 98 2wd s10 p/u. I do have a LM7 5.3L for it, but it's not in the truck yet. I was thinking of putting a D1SC Procharger on it, but they are a little expensive and I'm on a budget. My question is, can I use the LS4 5.3L manifolds flipped, without hitting anything, like steering column, or the front accessories? I was looking at LS1NOVA's pic of his turbo setup, and would like to do something similar, but I don't know how it would fit in a s10. I know I'm going to have to move the battery to the bed and maybe get a smaller coolant overflow tank. I might even relocate the ecu. Has anyone on here done a front mount turbo setup on a ls1 s10?
Old 06-10-2011, 07:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Once you get the engine in the car, shoot me a pm and Ill give you some measurements to see if they will fit.
Here are a couple pics for reference.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

I would go to s10forum.com and browse around in the lsx section. I believe I have seen a few that have done a front mount turbo. I'm doing a rear mount in my blazer soon just for the ease of installation. I know there is a member with a magnacharger (philntx) if your still wanting to go supercharged. He can help you out with that.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1NOVA
Once you get the engine in the car, shoot me a pm and Ill give you some measurements to see if they will fit.
Here are a couple pics for reference.

Thanks man, I probably won't be putting the motor in the truck till maybe late October or November. it's my dd. Seeing that my ex-cab 4wd silverado drinks gas, and at almost 4 dollars a gallon, its being parked for the summer. Looking at your pics and ls1 s10 pics, it looks like they should work. I'll let you know when i put the motor in though. it might even be sooner, if i decide to drive my civic daily. keep me posted on your build, i'd love to see pics of your car when its done.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by hitemup9nine
I would go to s10forum.com and browse around in the lsx section. I believe I have seen a few that have done a front mount turbo. I'm doing a rear mount in my blazer soon just for the ease of installation. I know there is a member with a magnacharger (philntx) if your still wanting to go supercharged. He can help you out with that.
Thanks, I'll check them out too. I was watching videos on youtube about turbo'd lsx s10's, but they don't like to show under the hood. I asked them what manifolds they used, but didn't get an answer. I do like Magnacharger, but if i did go supercharged, it would probably be Procharger. I hear people are getting more power per lb of bosst, with the Prochager. The only thing that looks like it might hit, is the fuse box on the driver's side wheel housing, but thats easy to relocate. The supercharger kits are over my budget, atleast for now. I'd figure a turbo kit, could be built for a fraction of the cost, using factory manifolds, and buying a turbo off my friend. Ebay turbos are pretty cheap too, if i decide to buy new. i was thinking of buying little things here and there, like wastegate, bov,intercooler, so by the time winter comes i will have everything.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

Hey LS1NOVA, what size downpipe are you using?

Quick Reply: Turbo 5.3L S10 Questions