Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I have three short questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 11:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I have three short questions

Im building A stock bottom end 01 turbo ls1 with a tu1 cam. hope to be in the 500-550 whp range.
Is a ported or high volume oil pump necessary. should I get one?
Will I gain anything from a pair of 317 heads or will the stock heads be fine.
Where should I place my wideband sensor if my wastegate is routed back into the down pipe. before the gate dump into the dp or after. thanks
Old 06-12-2011, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 70c10
Im building A stock bottom end 01 turbo ls1 with a tu1 cam. hope to be in the 500-550 whp range.
Is a ported or high volume oil pump necessary. should I get one?
Will I gain anything from a pair of 317 heads or will the stock heads be fine.
Where should I place my wideband sensor if my wastegate is routed back into the down pipe. before the gate dump into the dp or after. thanks
its pretty widely known that for that power range the stock pump is fine, BUT, the oil pump and oiling system are the lifeline of every engine. if your in there already, a ported and shimmed pump is not a bad idea and not super expensive. dont pinch the O ring installing it. if you have no reason to get into the front of the motor, then dont, leave it and run the stocker.

317's lower the compression ratio, always good for FI but with your low power goal theres no point in going with em unless you dont have heads already.

placement of the wideband needs to be atleast 12 inches behind the turbo, the wastegate or its dump tube does not play into this in any way

Quick Reply: I have three short questions