Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Newb to F/I

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newb to F/I

I'm a newb to F/I, I get the concepts of it and stuff but curious of what turbo to get. I have a bolt on,cammed 5.3 and was recently given a Garrett 70mm A/R .95 M24 turbo and was curious if this would be too big for my 5.3 with ARP rod bolts and stock internals? I've heard of people using ebay gt45 copies and wasn't sure it that would be a better route to go with or not. I'm not really sure of how much boost I'm wanting to push or how much power I'm wanting to make. Just kinda wanting something to screw around with but still be somewhat reliable and not break stuff all the time.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

buy some tube and get welding
Old 06-14-2011, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Revoroller
I'm a newb to F/I, I get the concepts of it and stuff......... I'm not really sure of how much boost I'm wanting to push or how much power I'm wanting to make. Just kinda wanting something to screw around with but still be somewhat reliable and not break stuff all the time.
"Not breaking stuff all the time" and "forced induction" seems like mixing oil and water. Well, atleast in my case.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read my User name, Its going to happen to any motor eventually,BUILD IT BREAK IT regardless of what it is. I use to have a 650hp fully built 4 cylinder honda and broke axles, trans gears, clutches, its just part of the beast in turbo builds
Old 06-15-2011, 10:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

call me

Quick Reply: Newb to F/I