Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone running two fuels/tunes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The biggest issue here is the fuel mixing. Unless you intend to completely drain between fuels (HUGE PITA), you will need true closed loop WBO2 capability. You get your 2 clean tunes and the aftermarket computer corrects for the <20% needed until you get to 100% of which ever.

the 2 Bosch 044 would probably do it. Hooking one up to come on after 50% TPS will keep your fuel temps down city driving. Use same size feed and return -8 +
Old 06-22-2011, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think a gas/corn tune combo would be intelligent. other than having to find an injector low enough to scale correctly at idle with pump gas and flow well enough at high HP levels of E85 will be very difficult. also its dangerous to mix E85 and gasoline and can be detrimental to your fuel system. when i went from pump to corn i had to significantly beef up my fuel system with -10 fuel lines and 160s from the -8 and 80s with the gas setup. i would say pick a fuel and work that route.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Cobra killer, if I'm not mistaken your car is a dedicated E85 car now, I tried to make my way thru your build thread but its loooong. Do you think an 02 PCM can handle the tuning?

Originally Posted by 98TA6.0
I dont think a gas/corn tune combo would be intelligent. other than having to find an injector low enough to scale correctly at idle with pump gas and flow well enough at high HP levels of E85 will be very difficult. also its dangerous to mix E85 and gasoline and can be detrimental to your fuel system. when i went from pump to corn i had to significantly beef up my fuel system with -10 fuel lines and 160s from the -8 and 80s with the gas setup. i would say pick a fuel and work that route.
Thank you for the input, I guess the question I want to ask is can a ***** out E85 setup run very conservitivly on pump...

Last edited by IT_SS; 06-22-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone running two fuels/tunes?