TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitroused383
8 and 3?
this guess is closer, but I'm not divulging this info
Old 07-06-2011, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

Phil those intakes are absolutely bad ***! True work of art and thats some serious skill. I cant wait to see the car make a pass down the track

Matt
Old 07-06-2011, 12:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireball
this guess is closer, but I'm not divulging this info

Why would you not? It isn't going to help you outrun any competitor you have as any of your ODR cometitors already know what they are working with.

I really could give a rat's *** personally, but i would like to know this:

Did you learn some things adding the EGT that you weren't already seeing just by reading the plugs and the data logs? I've been pushed to get an EGT kit as well, but don't know if the cost is worth the added knowledge over and above properly reading plugs.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
Why would you not? It isn't going to help you outrun any competitor you have as any of your ODR cometitors already know what they are working with.

I really could give a rat's *** personally, but i would like to know this:

Did you learn some things adding the EGT that you weren't already seeing just by reading the plugs and the data logs? I've been pushed to get an EGT kit as well, but don't know if the cost is worth the added knowledge over and above properly reading plugs.
every combo is different, so individual results will most likely vary. Lean cylinders in mine most likely will be different than lean cylinders in other setups, way too many variables at play. Therefore, I don't want to publically post the specific info which could be misleading...

reading plugs is very misleading on turbo cars due to the higher fuel content we run, plus I don't want to click it off at the stripe due to the temps in the turbo...need additional oil flow to cool it. Nothing in the data logs would show what we saw.

Last edited by Fireball; 07-06-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:06 PM
9 Second Club

every combo is different, so individual results will most likely vary. Therefore, I don't want to give the specific info which could be misleading...
That makes much more sense!

Are you still reverse entry with a wilson elbow? I assume your engine dyno testing and getting these results? I would love to see what you and Phil are up to in regards to airflow movement correction. wings, dividers, port work... I can only imagine.

My big question: seeing the results, is it worth it to you to order a Marcella, or are you going to try and make the manifold/elbow setup work. Have you tested a 4500 plate TB with a Extreme Velocity blow through hat yet? I really want to try that out with a ported SrVic ....
Old 07-06-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

box-stock super vic + 2" spacer + sideways facing 4150 cast elbow. (intake is only port matched, no special divider work yet)

no engine dyno time. This was track data.

My budget can't support a marcella intake

shawn and I discussed what we think is happening, and I don't think a different TB setup with a hat would change it...
Old 07-06-2011, 01:13 PM
9 Second Club

My only thoughts were would the individual holes help clean up the air much like a blow through setup. More of a "hope" im thinking though.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

Default Great High RPM intakes for big inch stroker race only motors

These are beautiful all out drag race only intakes. Very large open plenums with larger throttle body openings to support big inch stroker motors. And short straight intake runners for a tunnel ram style high rpm intake coming on hard above 6000 RPM. Of course they sacrifice a lot at low and mid range rpm torque like what would be needed for a street machine or street/strip ride. An LS6 style intake with long folded over intake runners and sub 364 cubic inch plenum capacity, and a smaller throttle body opening is perfectly designed for a street machine and fast street/strip car to about high 8 seconds. But for a all out drag racer large cubic inch stroker motor with 7 sec and 6 sec times these intakes a perfectly designed tunnel ram style high rpm big power fuel injection intakes. Got to match your combo with the intake fitting your motors desired RPM power band, drive train and performance goals gents.

Hpbob1
Old 07-06-2011, 10:12 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

I got some data this past weekend...

even with some stuff done to help distribution on my super vic, I had two cylinders that had exhaust temps 100F hotter than the other 6...

I'll leave it at that
What egts do you use? What do they run?
Old 07-07-2011, 06:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
What egts do you use? What do they run?
http://www.altronicsinc.com/pages/redalert.html

about 1K
Old 07-15-2011, 01:05 AM
MASS seller approved

Sexy!

Quick Reply: Best intake for forced induction...