nice man !! you will love it
Old 07-11-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome bud.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did a little more work. Can't dedicate too much time this weekend to the car. Hooked up the junction box for the battery relocation and secured the vacuum manifold. Also mocked up where the catch can will live. Here is a quick shot.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:13 AM
9 Second Club

got alot of progress over the weekend. hotside and cold side are back in and not coming back out. we have clearence for everything we are putting in. mounted up all the vacuum sources and my dual catch cans. next up is painting the new rad support and radiator/fan install(already test fit and built brackets). Next weekend we may be able to crank it over and fire this thing up.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:39 AM
9 Second Club

Yep, got the car running this weekend. Had a hiccup with a crank sensor that a couple people helped me with here. Car runs good although we overheated rather quickly the first night. Had to burp all the trapped air out of the coolant system so that the thermostat would open properly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUn4iLUvpRs
Earlier today we took it out for a little drive and just so happened that there was a local car show going on. We decided to bring it by as we had worked on it for the past 6 months.

As we drove it home the fun happened. We all of a sudden lose all response from the transmission. It was like we were driving and bumbed it into neutral. We pulled over and take a look under the car. Sure enough the coolant line that is going to the trans coolers popped off. :/ unsure how that happened, but called in a ride, picked up some atf and a couple hand tools and got it up and running in no time.

We got her home and otherwise she is doing good for us. Some little setbacks here and there.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant wait to get my header non ac setup rolling!!

Did you use the griffin radiator because you had issues with the stock one? I was planning on running stock with pusher fans.

In hind sight would you have rather deleted abs? Im leaning that way. cant stand abs anyways. any other tips/tricks to make my install go quick and smooth? thanks
Old 08-15-2011, 10:46 AM
9 Second Club

I have low profile shrouded pullers on the griffen rad and they really suck the air through the whole surface area of the rad. I kept abs, but I could have deleted it as well. I really wanted to keep everything in the car so keeping ac, ps, abs was a must. All I have to do is hook up the condensor to the front of the rad, get some custom lines, and slap a belt on and I'm good for getting my ac recharged.

Quick Reply: My Forged LS1 KYTP TC 78 Header build