Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Jax04--88'rx7---88mm---L33--PowerGlide---8.8"--v1.0

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:15 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the amount of space it looks like you have under the engine bay you probably could just run a standard truck manifold forward style crossover.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
With the amount of space it looks like you have under the engine bay you probably could just run a standard truck manifold forward style crossover.
Your absolutely right, and that's been the plan since day 1. I just keep looking at it wanting to do something that i cant. lol.

No biggie, im waiting on some new 2.25" vbands, then ill get started. It'll probably end up looking alot like Ablake's setup, if not identical.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Little Update, new motor got here today, Thanks AKINAFC!

This will get all the Fbody stuff and dropped into place hopefully before the week is over, im expecting the new t6 flange and new 2.25" OBX vbands here by the end of next week and i will restart the fabrication process.

I got a bit of good news today, after learning the hard way i CAN NOT use the "shorty" style powerglide that i have in my posession, i got in contact with the manufacturing company, Transmission specialties, TSI.

let me first say, what a stand up company, unreal. I did not buy this trans from them direct, i bought it from a local guy who bought it about 1 year ago for a project that never got off the ground.

Peter, the owner of the company talked to me this morning and offered to take this transmission in on a straight up trade for a standard length Proline2000 with transbrake, same trans, but the actual one i need with a tail shaft. All i have to do is cover the shipping, he is going to also upgrade the pan to a deep pan and add a bell housing/flexplate shield for very little money. I hope to ship mine out next week or before this week is over. Thanks TSI! Stand up guys! They did not have to do this, i didnt even buy from them.

Anyway, im going to order the grannies trans cross member that the Granny's users use, and i should be able to have my drivetrain all in the car in the next month and get rolling pretty hard core until tax season when i purchase the and install the 8.8

Old 10-19-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why cant you use the shorty?

Your 4l80 is at the trans shop. Money will be in the mail soon, as long as it checks out rebuildable. We were suprised you took the planet apart. haha, you sure like to tinker.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ericwilloughby
Why cant you use the shorty?

Your 4l80 is at the trans shop. Money will be in the mail soon, as long as it checks out rebuildable. We were suprised you took the planet apart. haha, you sure like to tinker.
I cant use the shorty because something to do with the amount of yolk that wouldnt be inside the transmission, not enough support for a long drive shaft, etc.

I didnt intend to take the planet apart, i was just tinkering around reading things and had it in my hand and pulled one of the thin retaining plates and poof, lol. The next line i read said "dont pull the plate (whatever its called) if you dont want to be putting them back together, lol. Oops.

Plus Eric, mounting that shorty wouldve been a mother F'er! anyhow, its all worked out, got the motor home tonight, on the stand and will transfer everything over soon, send the glide off to PA for its replacement and get my *** in gear on this thing, i need to be ready to do the rear end by tax season so its ready to hit the track first open day at LORP. Gonna get nasty, oh and i still have to get mocked up so i can get this turbo to ForcedInductions for the upgrade.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Making a little progress, have to order another 180* to finish it up, the driver side required another bend that i wasnt planning on.

Anyway, here is what i have so far, this was done in the car, then moved to the complete motor to make sure i clear the balancer

The weld look like **** as i suck at welding, but its going to a welder friend for Tig welding once i tack in the rest.

Im probably going to add a bellow incase it pulls during finish welding. Anyway, heres where its at, the motor its on has the Fbody pan and stuff on it now, just need to finish the top end and i will drop it in as soon as the new trans gets here.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great job, Kyle!
I love that you're using the twin scroll feature in your piping. I just found this thread, not realiizing how far you've progressed since talking about building one of these!
Keep up the good work.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BlwnLs1GTO
Great job, Kyle!
I love that you're using the twin scroll feature in your piping. I just found this thread, not realiizing how far you've progressed since talking about building one of these!
Keep up the good work.
Hey Thanks Dan! Its fun, i really miss the GTO and have been talking about throwing it back together real quick, but with winter, who knows. If i can make some good progress on this over the winter, im sure ill forget all about the Goat.

Just so everyone knows, im scrapping this piping plan, i will keep the twin scroll, but will be redoing this with C6 manifolds instead. Not liking how its going to be lop sided.

Transmission ships out tomorrow, new trans crossmember should be here by weeks end, drivetrain, minus rear, will be in car by mid month.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Teching In

I like where this is going.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:40 PM
TECH Veteran

LOL, thanks guys,

Decisions to make, Plans may change drastically....... Cant play in the LSX shootout in a mazda............................................. ....... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................................. ..........................
Old 11-01-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JAX04
LOL, thanks guys,

Decisions to make, Plans may change drastically....... Cant play in the LSX shootout in a mazda............................................. ....... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................................. ..........................
Just put some chevy badges and stickers on the sides and back, no one will ever know....
Old 11-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JAX04
LOL, thanks guys,

but youd go faster the rest of the year and get more attention, trust me. get the v8 in it with nice exhaust and a nice set of wheels and drive it around town, youll quickly realize what its like to be a gorgeous woman with every guy around staring at you.

example:

Old 11-01-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Not a really a terrible idea at all man. Maybe thats my ticket, have my swap'd FC and build my Dream GTO... Hmmmm.. ~scratches head~
Old 11-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shaggy853
but youd go faster the rest of the year and get more attention, trust me. get the v8 in it with nice exhaust and a nice set of wheels and drive it around town, youll quickly realize what its like to be a gorgeous woman with every guy around staring at you.

example:

If getting looks from a bunch of dudes is your thing, then that's cool.

But if you want the ladies to look, the GTO has way more testosterone IMO.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
If getting looks from a bunch of dudes is your thing, then that's cool.

Girls do love the GTOs
Old 11-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Teching In

if thats what you want... V6 mustang > *
Old 11-02-2011, 06:17 AM
TECH Veteran

if thats what you want... V6 mustang > *
Def. thought about this, however, i will only own a black car, and thought, na, Phil has that covered and then some, already, lmao!

we'll see, the old lady basically told me now, that she "can see the vision for the GTO" BUT, "sees nothing but **** in the rx7" LMAO! she doesnt like the car at all.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:34 AM
Teching In

my dad has about a dozen restored GM muscle cars and he hated my rx7 "shitbox" until i took him for a ride. Now its a "cool little car"
Old 11-02-2011, 07:39 AM
TECH Veteran

my dad has about a dozen restored GM muscle cars and he hated my rx7 "shitbox" until i took him for a ride. Now its a "cool little car"
Im at a cross roads, once the transmission comes back, next week, ill figure out what im going to do... For now, ill just leave stuff alone and relax, make a decision later. Im not pressed to get rid of or fix either car.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

After building an FC, I don't think they will ever be a really cool car. Cheap and fast yes, but even with great paint/wheels, They just aren't a good looking car.

Now an FD, That is pure sex.

Quick Reply: Jax04--88'rx7---88mm---L33--PowerGlide---8.8"--v1.0