Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

which budget A2W and where to mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which budget A2W and where to mount

i am getting ready to start a 370 with a 76 for now then move to a 88 later. i have been searching for ideas on where to mount a air to water intercooler. i have also been thinking about going with a cooler from frozenboost.

1. does anyone have any pictures of their intercoolers mounted under the dash and if so what type of intake did you use? under hood pics would be great also
2. has anyone run a frozenboost a2w intercooler and if so how did it do and which one did you use?
3. it is going to be a street/strip car so what type of heat exchanger did you use, when i carry the car to the track i will most likely trailer the car so i will be running a ice box in the trunk area.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by slowblackbird
i am getting ready to start a 370 with a 76 for now then move to a 88 later. i have been searching for ideas on where to mount a air to water intercooler. i have also been thinking about going with a cooler from frozenboost.

1. does anyone have any pictures of their intercoolers mounted under the dash and if so what type of intake did you use? under hood pics would be great also
2. has anyone run a frozenboost a2w intercooler and if so how did it do and which one did you use?
3. it is going to be a street/strip car so what type of heat exchanger did you use, when i carry the car to the track i will most likely trailer the car so i will be running a ice box in the trunk area.
Although considerably smaller than what youre going to want to run....i did this setup.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

where did the cooler come from
Old 07-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

If you wanting to put it under the dash have a great spearco for you,sending pm.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The intercooler was an ebay unit that my sisters fiance gave to me. Of course I had to cut it up and fab some items, but its working well
Old 07-19-2011, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the reply back. i really would like to keep the intercooler in the car for a little cleaner look. i wander if a victor jr and a elbow will clear the factory windsheild if turned around backwards?

Quick Reply: which budget A2W and where to mount