Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Manual tensioner wont work

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Default Manual tensioner wont work

just bought a used manual tensioner with pulley from forrester racing engines, bought it of nasty forget the rest of his name , and the damn thing wont work with my stock belt , im waiting on his response , anyone use it and why wont it work . I hope i dont need another belt bc this will be for sale then .

http://forresterracingengines.com/Pa...aspx?Part_ID=6
Old 07-26-2011, 12:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can we assume you are adjusting it properly? Looks like you insert a socket wrench in the square hole, put tension on the belt by pulling the socket wrench and tighten.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah , i bolt it up like a stocker does and the belt wont fit , ive looked it all over and their is nothing i can do other than a longer belt , i don't want to do another belt this year bc i don't want to take the procharger off. Even if i put the stock pulley on its tight as hell and it wont work correctly .

Im just hoping someone chimes in a says it works with the stock belt your doing something wrong , bc i want to use this and don't want to change belts.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use a Katech manual tensioner. Bolts to the stock idler location and works fine with the stock pulley and belt. Seems crazy to me that someone would design one that required a different belt. Good luck solving the problem
Old 07-26-2011, 01:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BadgeZ28
I use a Katech manual tensioner. Bolts to the stock idler location and works fine with the stock pulley and belt. Seems crazy to me that someone would design one that required a different belt. Good luck solving the problem
thats what i was thinking , the stock cant be used either so . THe damn site is down and i tried calling them . Ill let everyone know if the seller hits me up or the company .
Old 07-26-2011, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run a katech with a Meziere water pump and we had to get a belt that is a 1/2" longer to make it easy to get on and off.

Quick Reply: Manual tensioner wont work