Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Any interest in 6-71 through 14-71 blower kits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any interest in 6-71 through 14-71 blower kits?

Pretty straight forward question. There are two companies who make "kits" for bolting on a roots style blowers onto LsX engines with the LS1 intake layout. One company wants you to buy their whole engine, while the other has had some serious production issues and has produced less than 10 kits from what I can gather.

Is there any real interest if I were to produce roots blower manifolds for the LsX line of engines? The manifold is where I would start, but Im sure I could offer complete kits eventually. Other companies already manufacture the other parts, but the real issues has been the manifolds.

I would offer a few different variations, but the first would most likely be a carbureted version. This could also be set up for MFI or EFI, but the injectors would be pre-blower. My goal would be to offer a high rise EFI model with individual injectors in the runners as well at a later time.

I've got a few designs drawn up right now that I am putting the final touches on for my personal project, but if there is interest I could have these produced...
Old 07-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Well I just bought the BDS 10-71 complete kit and it took them four months to get me the intake. Like you said the intake is the issue. would yours be billet sheet metal type intake? The one I got from BDS is a cast intake with a spot to drill the injectors in the runners. I didn't care because I have the injector plate right below the bugcatcher. 16 injectors to be exact.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:49 PM
TECH Regular

BDS already makes a mount for cathedral ports
Old 07-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Sheet metal (actually plate). It would be in the .25in thick range.

I cant believe BDS is charging 1400$ for a cast intake, I thought that thing was supposed to be billet. Honestly if it was priced reasonably I would just buy theirs. I didn't know they were going to do a cast setup, so hopefully this will fix the issue. I'd rather just buy one, but Im just not paying 1400$ for a cast intake.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

I think it looks down right sexy to see a roots style blower on top of the LSx engines.

Quick Reply: Any interest in 6-71 through 14-71 blower kits?