Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My Build - 2002 TA 408 - Twin 67's

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Always nice to see the fab skills of people and they're buddies on tech.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:14 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great work, looks very familiar
Old 08-17-2011, 07:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tiago
great work, looks very familiar
Yea, i forgot to give a tip of the hat to you for the intercooler idea yours was the first one (and only other one that i can think of still) that did the 2 in 2 out like i wanted. Now if i can just get mine looking as good as yours on the exterior ill be set!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Very cool build. Glad to see it come to life.

Who in Ft.Smith did the fab work for ya? Only reason I ask is b/c I grew up there. You should bring that beast up to OKC sometime and come have some fun.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the part number man.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Twotonefreak
Very cool build. Glad to see it come to life.

Who in Ft.Smith did the fab work for ya? Only reason I ask is b/c I grew up there. You should bring that beast up to OKC sometime and come have some fun.
The shop is actually in Mulberry...just on the other side of Alma at a place called Westark Material Handling. I've asked these guys if they want to get into any more of this kind of work, but I think that this was their one and done..lol...they enjoyed it and we had a good time working on it, but they don't want to take on the auto niche any time soon.

I'll have to swing up there though to OKC sometime though and play around. That'll all depend on how well things turn out once I get it dyno'd but I'll keep it in mind though

Thanks for all the good comments also everyone, I appreciate it.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 93BlackBeast
The shop is actually in Mulberry...just on the other side of Alma at a place called Westark Material Handling. I've asked these guys if they want to get into any more of this kind of work, but I think that this was their one and done..lol...they enjoyed it and we had a good time working on it, but they don't want to take on the auto niche any time soon.

I'll have to swing up there though to OKC sometime though and play around. That'll all depend on how well things turn out once I get it dyno'd but I'll keep it in mind though

Thanks for all the good comments also everyone, I appreciate it.
Very cool. Those guys have been around a while if I remember correctly.

You ever come up through this way, hit me up.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Martin@RPM-Motorsports
Your setup is nice and clean looking. I like the whole thing!
Thanks Martin, I really appreciate it!

After drooling over your TBSS back at the LSX shootout in Memphis a couple of years back, I just had that much more motivation to finally keep the ball rolling on mine and get it knocked out!

Hopefully I can run some numbers like yours one of these days...but only time will tell
Old 08-18-2011, 08:48 AM
10 Second Club

Wow man supper bad *** build!! Iany imfo on tthe TRuck!!! i love that as well! I have a 89 that im sure will see a 5.3 and a lill boost
Old 02-06-2012, 01:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Any updates on the build? I've had my eyes wide open waiting. I dove into a twin 70 build w/ 408 and I'm sure we will have similar results. Your build is 50x cleaner than mine though. Very nice work to you and your buds!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Hey man, sorry for the delay....I didn't have this subscribed to and didn't see the post.

Anywho, things have been slow lately..been working a ton and waiting on parts. The car is down here with me in Dallas now and is over at Dallas Performance getting some exhaust and a tune. I spoke with Taylor who is the owner/tuner/fabricator and he recommended me getting a catback system to start with and he would just mate up the downpipes to that system. So I ordered the Kooks true dual setup which is dual 3" all the way out over the axle and has Corsa tips on it, which I had before and loved the look of. Anyway, I had to get that and a BMR Panhard relocation kit to fit the dual 3" part over the axle. Those parts came in last week and they should be working on it again shortly. After they get it fabbed up, I'm going to get the hot side and downpipes to about the k member ceramic coated. Should keep the heat down and look nice too.

Some things I have done though are putting some Wilwood 6 piston calipers and drilled and slotted 2 piece rotors on the fronts to match the Wilwood setup I have in the rear. Also, I bought some Billet Specialties Street Lites. 17 x 9.5 up front and 17 x 11 in the back. Wrapped them in some BFG KDW2's up front and MT ET Street 315's in the rear. They look great but I don't have any pics of em yet.

Anyway, that's about it. I'll keep this updated once I get some more pics and numbers from the dyno.

Thanks for bringing it back up though!
Old 02-12-2012, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Rickys S/C Z28
Wow man supper bad *** build!! Iany imfo on tthe TRuck!!! i love that as well! I have a 89 that im sure will see a 5.3 and a lill boost

WTF did you say.....
Old 02-12-2012, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really dig the fab work and pretty much everything about this build. Nice job man
Old 02-13-2012, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by StryfeS13
I really dig the fab work and pretty much everything about this build. Nice job man
Thanks for the compliment man, I'll be glad when it's all wrapped up and I can get back to enjoying it....and not spending all my money on it
Old 02-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Launching!

very nice, I really like the build! Should be fun!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Well, big update time!!

Went over to Dallas Performance and saw Taylor and the gang yesterday. They were the ones finishing up my exhaust and tuning it for me. Like I told Taylor, I've tuned a lot of NA vehicles, but with as much money and time I had wrapped up in this build, I'd let my pride take a back seat to make sure I didn't screw something up.

Needless to say, results are freaking awesome. I'll get some additional pics today when I go to pick it up.

But what all Dallas Performance did for me:

- Fixed my new 6 piston brakes (felt like the caliper was locked up originally, but they got it worked out)
- Installed Kooks True Dual 3" Kit minus the mufflers (purchased from Bob at Brute Speed - which is awesome to work with by the way)
- Fabricated the exhaust to mate from the downpipes to the Kooks exhaust (there was a lot of work on this as I didn't go the usual route of beside the motor mounts back due to my turbo drains being on each side, so we got crafty and went through the outside of the K-member on each side and maintained the full 3" diameter all the way out without having to squish any pipes down)
- Ceramic coated the exhaust manifolds, hot side, and downpipes to the K-member (knocked the under hood heat down a TON)
- Installed my Alky Control meth kit (big thanks to Julio as well, great guy)
- Some miscellaneous odds and end things
- Last but not least, tuning the whole setup

Results are as follows:

- 550 rwhp on 6 psi
- 700 rwhp on 10 psi
- 900 rwhp on 18 psi
- 970 rwhp on 20 psi

Taylor said that last one was heat soaked pretty bad since he was doing back to back runs, so I might have clipped 1000 had it cooled down...but I'm just fine with where it's at now. I could turn it up more, but keeping the hand ported 317's from lifting off of it right now is a good thing

Looking forward to bringing it back home today and getting some good pics of the exhaust all coated up!

Here's some pics of the exhaust work uncoated as well as some misc shots. Trying to upload my video right now but it's like 300 MB and my weak little ISP service is taking it's sweet time, so I'll get it on here later.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:15 AM
11 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Congrats for the building an awesome setup man great numbers too..
I'm waiting for the vids maybe some incar highway runs

Car looks beautiful too.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Dang, that pic looks sweet! Haven't seen that one yet, where'd you get that from if you don't mind me asking?

And thanks for the compliment too! They gave her a bath while she was there too...lol..said they got tired of looking at the 1/2" layer of dust that was on it from the last 3 years
Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 AM
11 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Dallas Performance's Facebook page
Old 04-20-2012, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Doh...shoulda known I'd miss something like that...lol...I looked on their site, but didn't see it...so I know where to go look now! Thanks man

Quick Reply: My Build - 2002 TA 408 - Twin 67's