Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ignore the shop.
Listen to Cam Motion.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey boo hoo I知 doing a single turbo on a 02 6.0 ls vortec truck

Originally Posted by BOO HOO BRIAN
Dale- if you give me a call i can narrow it down to the right cam for your car. 586-954-3181

Kwick.......thats around the correct specs for a turbo cam, except you want to flip the intake and exaust duration. . Turbo cars like a lot of lift and dont need that much in the way of duration. The want MORE exaust duration based on how well your exaust port flows. My street cam on my v6 is a 224/224 with 598 lift , on 112 seperation. As far as a "finiky" setup, with the smaller duration and lobe sep, they actully idle a drive better than other cams.

Earl, you will like the gts........
so I知 doing the same thing I already have the single turbo kit both manifolds crossover and down pipe all the oil lines and return lines 3 inch plumbing and in intercooler 3 inch in and out. I recently installed the 102 mm throttle body and speed master 102 mm qualifier aluminum intake. I have new fuel rails and injector pressure regulator and all new 6an gas lines. I have a pair of Ls1 806 heads and I wanted to get the right rockers springs and rods as well as the right cam to go with them and I知 not sure what to go with this is my first turbo ls attempt and I want it done right. Also what fuel injectors should I be running? I知 going to order all the parts first so I知 ahead of the game but i also want to know I知 buying the right stuff. Oh it痴 going to be basically a daily driver weekend warrior at the track. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!
Old 02-15-2021, 08:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfred Rodrigues
so I知 doing the same thing I already have the single turbo kit both manifolds crossover and down pipe all the oil lines and return lines 3 inch plumbing and in intercooler 3 inch in and out. I recently installed the 102 mm throttle body and speed master 102 mm qualifier aluminum intake. I have new fuel rails and injector pressure regulator and all new 6an gas lines. I have a pair of Ls1 806 heads and I wanted to get the right rockers springs and rods as well as the right cam to go with them and I知 not sure what to go with this is my first turbo ls attempt and I want it done right. Also what fuel injectors should I be running? I知 going to order all the parts first so I知 ahead of the game but i also want to know I知 buying the right stuff. Oh it痴 going to be basically a daily driver weekend warrior at the track. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!
Dude this thread and the previous posts are from 2004!!!! Holy mother of all bumps LOL.

Quick Reply: Turbo Cam for 408 Iron block 6.0L