Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUAcn...e_gdata_player
Old 09-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Griner does make a 1+2 with a sprag. Also makes a brake that keeps the band on in low (applies the brake faster too, since only bringing on the 3rd clutches) but its spendy.

For the brake not applying fast enough, try hitting the TB button a time or 2 after the burnout, but before staging to put fluid in the passages.

As for the sprag, which sprag (34 or 36) and how much power are you making?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:12 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,159 Likes on 753 Posts

Well the burnout was short so that didn't help that pass. Andy and Anthony's cars lurched forward a bit on some passes not sure why. Andy runs a Rossler TH400 with 2.10 first gear, and Anthony runs a trans from DRC which is a local player.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:23 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by slow67
Griner does make a 1+2 with a sprag. Also makes a brake that keeps the band on in low (applies the brake faster too, since only bringing on the 3rd clutches) but its spendy.

For the brake not applying fast enough, try hitting the TB button a time or 2 after the burnout, but before staging to put fluid in the passages.

As for the sprag, which sprag (34 or 36) and how much power are you making?

34 element sprag

power? I dunno, the _______ people at the dyno shut down their dyno without giving me a chance to make a pull on it.

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Well the burnout was short so that didn't help that pass. Andy and Anthony's cars lurched forward a bit on some passes not sure why. Andy runs a Rossler TH400 with 2.10 first gear, and Anthony runs a trans from DRC which is a local player.

Burnout was a little weak, but trust me we had plenty of bite, at least, quite a bit more bite than the previous two that went before us, haha (Meeks and Brown). It was on a pass except for the roll forward and spinning the tire on the wheel.

I'm going to look into a glide setup next. I assume both anthony and andy's are solenoid controlled shifting being an ODR car?
Old 09-15-2011, 02:48 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
I'll see if i can figure out a way to pull the video a friend got of it. It was a distinct "roll" when i grabbed the transbrake not just the suspension settling. I know what you mean though! The car does alot of fumbling around when the brake does get applied. I've gone so far as to think about adding a line-lock on the rear brakes when i grab the t-brake to calm down some of that mess. Seems some guys on the bullet do this and it helps. In my car, i think my brake just isnt fast enough on applying the band when i grab the brake.

let me see if i can find the video on youtube.....
I was waiting for you to light the second bulb and saw exactly what happened, it really rolled a long way before it engaged. I was so busy watching you I had a .25 reaction time by the time I did leave LOL
You might want to get in the habit of staying on the foot brake after you have the TB engaged. I noticed my suspension is much more settled after I started doing it.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:09 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by koolrayz
I was waiting for you to light the second bulb and saw exactly what happened, it really rolled a long way before it engaged. I was so busy watching you I had a .25 reaction time by the time I did leave LOL
You might want to get in the habit of staying on the foot brake after you have the TB engaged. I noticed my suspension is much more settled after I started doing it.

I was still on the footbrake when the TB engaged. It just pushed right through it when it went on the high speed 2-step. Sorry about that, haha. I noticed your late light on that slip, haha. I was a little......unhappy.....inside the car on that pass....haha

Regardless, damn good time man and we had a blast! I can't wait to play again next year. I think it is 90% that it isnt a pro brake in the car. I just have to fix it now. We'll get it sorted out.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:31 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,159 Likes on 753 Posts

Mark Koehler is running a 'glide, I think I overheard him say he'd like to go to back to a TH400, maybe ask him his input. Anthony got better at hitting his 1-2 shift the more passes he made.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd look into the 1+2 option for the th400. and if your breaking sprags either up it to the 36( i have the 34 in my 80e) or go spragless.

If you go glide you'll have to get a different rear gear too I'd assume, maybe not though. IMO FTI and Jakes are just as good as Rossler, but half the price.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im thinking the glide will solve all our/your issues... The glide you will be getting will lock the car down without any trouble and the taller 1st gear will hold the gear longer and since we'll be running a smaller more easily spooling turbo, leaving on more power would be more of an issue with the shorter first on the TH400... Now the 2nd gear TB option on the 400 wouldnt be bad either but itll damn near cost as much as what your getting that glide for.... So If you spend about the same for a good glide it would seem like it makes more sense to go that way instead of buying more parts for the 400...

Kyles method of staging is probably going to have to be what you will need to do before you get the new trans. Hit the TB while your still in the first beam and let it push into the second beam...... Its not prefect but that TB just doesnt lock down fast enough...

Quick Reply: I think my Transbrake is too slow...