Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My replacement for a Vic Jr and an Elbow...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
I used my $$$ from winning the 8.5 race at the ls fest to get the intake.

My tuner offered me to borrow his tci pro glide. I'm still having Greg re-work my converter for the glide. I'm addicted to his converters haha.
We swear by Greg down here. Been running his converters for years. I can't wait to get to the track with the new Glide that he built for me.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
We swear by Greg down here. Been running his converters for years. I can't wait to get to the track with the new Glide that he built for me.
I will say the car I bought already had the 3200 FTI stall, and it drove like a stocker literally. Seeing your thread for years los, and it being a FTI stall already made it a no brainer what I did when I wanted a higher stall. The stall I have is awesome, it's one of his billet srl 9.5" lock-up 80e converters. It's noticeable now, but it's not horrendus. The videos I have seen of similar stall speeds on different companies stalls, stall at least 400-500rpm more than what mine does, and the ones that are rated at 300-500rpm lower than mine stall like mine does if not a little higher. I know a lot of other factors come into play in determining slip like rear gear ratio and tire size too.

Oh and since Greg is a sponsor here and we are allowed to brag on him, anyone reading this check out his website and watch the video that Mud Life Magazine did with him back in August for their digital magazine archive. It shows how Greg custom builds and tailors each and every converter that goes out his shop. Not one off the shelf piece there, and I still had my convertor shipped out within 2-3 days of him receiving it.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:07 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what style tb does it take? square flange?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uugghhh Ive got alot of work ahead of me to make that biatch fit.... Every time I think about it I think man its not that big itll fit easy and then I look at the picture and realize its gonna be a PITA....

As for FTI. We have three of gregs converters and couldnt be happier. Tims TA and a LT1 nitrous car kick *** down the track and the wifes H/C G8 is a blast to drive on the street.

Quick Reply: My replacement for a Vic Jr and an Elbow...