Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Quik Question on 2011 Edelbrock Blown Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Quik Question on 2011 Edelbrock Blown Camaro

I have a customer that is bringing in his 2011 SS that already has a stock Edelbrock blower on his stock motor. We are building him a stout long block and I wanted to pulley it up (smaller blower pulley) how small can I go without slipping the 6 rib and what should be the belt length - please and thanks in advance

Last edited by Granatelli; 09-20-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ask J.R. if he wants you asking questions like this while representing his company.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Granatelli
I have a customer that is bringing in his 2011 SS that already has a stock Edelbrock blower on his stock motor. We are building him a stout long block and I wanted to pulley it up (smaller blower pulley) how small can I go without slipping the 6 rib and what should be the belt length - please and thanks in advance
Is it a trick question? J.R. is out of town this week and I needed help with a simple question. We sell and install Maggies and TT systems. I just dyno'd this car and it basically picked up 50hp over stock with out of this world air temps. Customer wants heads and a cam with more boost and a re-tune. I want to know when we go to a smaller blower pulley if we need a short blower belt - why is that a bad question
Old 09-20-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well a smaller circumference pulley would need a smaller pulley. unless the tensioner can take up the slack from the larger pulley. is this a serious question? you represent a pretty serious motorsports company and should be very educated with these sorts of things
Old 09-21-2011, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98TA6.0
well a smaller circumference pulley would need a smaller pulley. unless the tensioner can take up the slack from the larger pulley. is this a serious question? you represent a pretty serious motorsports company and should be very educated with these sorts of things
Are you fighting just to fight? Your words "a smaller circumference pulley would need a smaller pulley" what are you saying?

I was merely trying to get an advance notice on what I might come across before the car got here. As an example, we work on Maggie kits all the time so I know what belt and what tensioner changes need to be made when going to a smaller bower drive pulley. We are not as well versed on the Edelbrock stuff. Here is what I got from someone else

Originally Posted by Busy_Boi
Right now I have the 2.75 pulley on my E-Force with the Goodyear belt part#GDY4061030 and no slipping at all.
Seems they understood the question with no problem. I guess the was a communication gaps its all good
Old 09-21-2011, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i was busting your *****. I figured with the company name; knowledge and experience would be flowing in your shop. you just dont see big well known shops asking to many questions. i was pointing out that J.R. will be pissed if he knew you were asking questions with obvious answers under his company name. That is all. most 6 rib belts start to slip around 9 psi. yes you will need a shorter belt with a smaller pulley to keep the tensioner in it's sweet spot.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by madmax4499
ok i was busting your *****. I figured with the company name; knowledge and experience would be flowing in your shop. you just dont see big well known shops asking to many questions. i was pointing out that J.R. will be pissed if he knew you were asking questions with obvious answers under his company name. That is all. most 6 rib belts start to slip around 9 psi. yes you will need a shorter belt with a smaller pulley to keep the tensioner in it's sweet spot.
I think the point was we needed specifics like what belt goes with what pulley diameter. Trying to be ahead of the curve. "It is only a fool who is afraid to ask."

Like no such thing as a stupid question. We don't work on Edelbrock blowers everyday and just wanted the 411 in advance. Sadly Edelbrock could not answer the question. One would think they would know what belt goes with what pulley set up

Quick Reply: Quik Question on 2011 Edelbrock Blown Camaro