Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

twin ls1 plans?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twin ls1 plans?

Alright need some info on a twin turbo ls1 might have to use a lr4 due to the fact ls1 will brake the bank :c so here is the story wanting to put a ls1 into a 944. Got the kit sorted out and working on obtanning the 944. I might get a ls1 block cheap, find out tomorrow. All fail lr4 it probably will be. This will ne my first teat down and build for motors.

Assuming i get the ls1 block *plan*
new crank, probably forged. Hey might as well build strong.
Bearing? Is there stronger bearing for turbos or witch are good.
Then ill get H-beams connecting rod and apr bolts.
-At this point i would want to get the flywheel (probably light weight) and the pully and have the crank fly wheel pully balanced. But unless i get it all from one sourse that can balance i dont see that happening because i am in germany.
Installing rods and getting forged pistions made for turbos of course. want to bore for 6.0 if i get ls1,if lr4 used bore to 5.7l
Ls6 heads and intake (ls1 if lr4is used)
Apr head bolts and studs
dualy springs (havent really looked into good one yet ideas?)
New exhaust vavles and intake to take the added heat, if i can find a shop here that can install.or maybe i can manage to do it myself?
ls6 or ls9 head gasket unless theres a better turbo head gasket?
beefy push rods(havent thought about size)
cam? i just dont know, thinking ls6, but good places to order custom
hydraulic lifters and rollers since this thing wont be pushed super hard due to the fact ill blow the transaxle before i can over sping the valve train.
New oil pump, remote oil filter
new oil pan made for 944 and ls blocks
new water pump
dual chains due to valve resistance change
bigger injectors probably 60 or 80
for spark was thinking msd any ideas havent looked into it.
good fuel rails?
what should be done to connect the pedal to fuel rails? is there a way to get a wire cable so it feels old school.
i belive i have covered everything basic.

And now for the part we all hate to hear and youll probably thinking... humm 19 year old has a good idea on what to do and doesnt seam to be cutting corns, at least i am not trying to.
I want to twins to not brake the bank. So probably going to buy them off ebay:
Car craft did a build using t3/t4 hybrid .58 a/r ratio turbin, 2.5inch v-band, 56trim wheel. i am thinking maybe get garret turbos off 97 f250/350, dont know size but its garret and can find for around 400$ each and probably easy to open up and referbish.
uhhh f250 are 88mm 1.1a/r so cant use as twins, backup for single st up thouh, thoughts on this too?
*turbo size ideas?*
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...ine/index.html
It started to boost at 3k witch is some what i am shooting for(2300-2500 more like it), i of course want to take there advise and get dual turbosmart 38 waste gage, (i know they will cost more then 2 ebay turbos, but i dont really need good long lasting turbo. Once i sort out the transaxle, big better turbos will he installed making better power and making this engine one day actally good).
Probably will add bov from turbosmart too aventually
aventually get a boost control too, whats the big difference between mechanical and electric, besides the advantage of tuning the electrical on demand, i kinda want simplicity, this is a street vehical not a racer, i dont need to hit the tune button to hit the autobah.
I will probably have to build headers to fit between motor and fender side since there not much room unless the truck manafolds are right and flip for frount mounted turbo set up (just like transam's and camarow's. mine will be behind the lights) This is probably best so i can fit a steering colum in easy with a small slim manifold.
I am not afraid to fab, buy pre bent mandral tubeing cut and paste togeather
if i go cutome, size tubing to run from heads to turbo?
With a turbos comes modifying the harness, pluy and play harness to stock ones? flash? tune chips?
Or can i just get a new computer and install it sinse i am already gutting a harness into the 944?
I am also thinking turbo timer to make all turbos last long as possibpe
also highly considering water injection. Hear its fairly inexpensive, and my radator might be lighty small
intercooler is being worked out but i plan on putting it in too.

i have no idea if i can get it dyno tuned yet

pretty sure i covered my planes to full extent and dont think i missed anything engine wise besides pully, a/c and alternator, just still in planning and price out stage. help, places to buy parts would be awsome

Last edited by rossypho; 10-31-2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: garrett turbo info addedd