Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS Setup wiring..HALP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS Setup wiring..HALP!!!

having some problems with the wiring, cut the resistor out so pump runs on high all the time,(it was also running constantly in acc. mode..?) pump was running fine at idle, let it all warm up and got in it to go for a drive, as soon as i hit boost the oil pump stopped, pulled over quick, checked the fuse and it was blown, so i put a new fuse in and the pump did NOT kick on after trying to cycle the key...started the car up then, heard the pump kick on for like half a second then stopped, got it back in the garage and checked to see if i had power back at the pump, no power, fuse was good, no power getting to the pump...does anybody have any idea??? im about ready to just ditch the whole wiring system and do it myself!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

I am doing it myself with a single 99cent automotive relay....I am using just regular 12 volt switched ignition power with a trigger signal (wire) on back of the alternator to trip the relay only when the car is running.

As for the resistor I am not sure why STS wants the pump slower down but I am incorporating the sts resistor in my harness as well as the pump fail buzzer.

Unless somebody can tell me otherwise lol.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Taking the resistor out is suppose to put the pump high speed all the time they told me
Old 11-01-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

luckily both of you are brand new to the sts so i may be able to save you both. first of all cut out that resistor you absolutly need to sts is a neat concept but they failed on the design. the pump they give you is to weak and ive seen first hand to many sts turbos seize and **** up and engine because the sts pump sucks. even with that resistor cut out the pump sts gives you is just to weak. many of us have tried to contact them on this issue they do not respond. dont believe me do a search, do a google search even you will see the storys of sts failed this and that. main problem is the sts will spray oil and coat the inside of your intake manifold with oil, killing it. theres a mod you can do to fix this, you have to buy a mocal oil pump and a restrictor for the oil line. also a check valve so the oil does not run into the turbo when the car is off.

heres the thread i recommend reading
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ust-pipes.html
Old 11-01-2011, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

Get yourself a scavenge pump from Rb racing, look them up they are pricey but are worth it IMO. I used their pumps never had a problem.

Quick Reply: STS Setup wiring..HALP!!!