Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo guys, your going to LOVE this....

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 05:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turbo guys, your going to LOVE this....

I posted this on cz28.com already....but figured some of you guys might like to see it also.

PTK challenges Procharger and Vortech.

CLICK LINK FOR MORE INFO...

http://66.70.20.245/
Old 03-12-2004, 09:52 PM
10 Second Club

in terms of efficiency you can't beat a turbo. enough of the shameless promoting.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

Why is turbo so much better than blower?
Old 03-14-2004, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

Less overall parasitic loss for turbos because they run off exhaust gas and not a belt. Non linear spool is also an advantage for turbos. While a centrifugal blower wont make full boost until close to redline, a turbo could be at full boost at 50 percent of redline. roots and twin screw superchargers can make full boost low in the rpm range like turbos can but roots blowers are much less efficient than turbos i.e. they heat up the air more than a turbo does while making boost. twin screws can be close to the efficiency of turbos but they cant be intercooled very well, at least not with an air to air IC and they dont flow enough air for a race motor.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1newbie
Why is turbo so much better than blower?

as far as the "challenge" i think it's a bit campy but hey what they say is true at the same time i don't think vortech or procharger are saying "we're better than turbos". usually they say "we're better than each other"
Old 03-14-2004, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I notice PTK isn't really talkin **** to the Twin screw manufactorers. And don't kid yourselves, turbos are not magic, they don't run on pixie dust. They have parasitic loss in the terms of exhaust disruption and back pressure. Whether it is more or less is irrelevant.

Ask yourself this. Name me one 4 second top fueler that runs a turbo???

<cricket>

That is all. Please continue with this useless and way over played arguement.

Mike
Old 03-14-2004, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by buschman
I notice PTK isn't really talkin **** to the Twin screw manufactorers. And don't kid yourselves, turbos are not magic, they don't run on pixie dust. They have parasitic loss in the terms of exhaust disruption and back pressure. Whether it is more or less is irrelevant.

Ask yourself this. Name me one 4 second top fueler that runs a turbo???

<cricket>

That is all. Please continue with this useless and way over played arguement.

Mike
The reason that you don't see a 4 second top fueler that uses a turbo, is because turbos are ILLEGAL in the top fuel class.......does that tell you something...hmmm....

If a Top Fueler had a turbo....It would just be unreal!
Old 03-14-2004, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

a twin screw s/c is about the least efficient out there...at least in real world/car conditions.

i don't know why people have these semi-nostalgic thoughts that translate into facts.

and yeah turbos are illegal in that class.

there's many ways to make power out of v8s, but you wonder why only turbos power cars with 3 liters and less to make BIG power.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

NHRA made turbos illegal a long time ago. Also IHRA decided to do the same thing when Buddy ingersoll started handing the Pro Stock guys their butt with a certain Buick V6, IHRA guys cried after the first event and then IHRA stepped in and banned it.

As for small engines and big power. Look at Keke Rosberg, Nelson Piquet and Formula 1, they made turbos illegal and never even bothered trying or using S/C's to compete againist the turbo motors. In the mid 80's their 1.5 liter turbo honda, bmw and renault 4 cylinders were making 1250-1400hp.

Jose

Quick Reply: Turbo guys, your going to LOVE this....