Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Educate me on Scavenge/Vacuum Pumps

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Educate me on Scavenge/Vacuum Pumps

Hey guys, I've been doing a bit of searching for a while now and haven't really turned up anything solid to set a plan in motion for a scavenge pump. I'd really like to stay away from electric pumps as I really just don't want to have to worry about pump failure causing damage to the turbos and or engine. I really like the setup that Barnat is running and I believe in one of his posts he stated his unit is a Johnson HTP pump. I looked into it and it looks like they have a few different kinds which is where i start to get confused. I'm not really sure what the different stages are when it comes to these pumps or which model of pump i should be aiming for. Also does anyone know if a vendor sells these or where I should go to look at some prices. I googled "Johnson HTP Pump" and haven't found anything with a price as of yet (new anyways).

Furthermore, are there any other mechanical/belt driven pumps that you guys would recommend for use as a twin turbo scavenge pump? Saw some posts on a GZ Motorsports Vacuum pump that a few people have run, anyone got any opinions on that one?
Old 12-02-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I run a GZ pump and love it but its purpose isnt really for scavenging oil.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Barnat had a good setup he built. I don't think he post much no more
Old 12-03-2011, 04:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Ill be using an electric Turbowerx EXA pump on my setup. Heard nothing but amazing things about them, and have never heard of one failing.

I found some info from Barnat that he pointed me towards one time, ill see if i can round that up. He had a pretty elaborate setup though.

Honestly, a good quality pump can fail as well, but anything can fail, lol

Quick Reply: Educate me on Scavenge/Vacuum Pumps