Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What's this turbo best suited for?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's this turbo best suited for?

I have a Master Power turbo I picked up off a guy cheap, it's an S70 and here's specs: Compressor wheel: Inducer 60.5mm, Exducer 84mm, Trim 52, A/R .70, 101.5mm Air Inlet
Turbine Wheel: Exducer 56mm, Inducer 61.5mm, Trim 83, A/R .63, 4 bolt flange, T3 Inlet.

Now, I know very little about turbo sizing, I understand how they work but, my question is. What would this turbo be best suited for? A Honda to enhance the euphoric V-TEC effect?(lol) A V-6? I'm thinking it's going to be to small for a V8?
Old 12-04-2011, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 91sonomast
I have a Master Power turbo I picked up off a guy cheap, it's an S70 and here's specs: Compressor wheel: Inducer 60.5mm, Exducer 84mm, Trim 52, A/R .70, 101.5mm Air Inlet
Turbine Wheel: Exducer 56mm, Inducer 61.5mm, Trim 83, A/R .63, 4 bolt flange, T3 Inlet.

Now, I know very little about turbo sizing, I understand how they work but, my question is. What would this turbo be best suited for? A Honda to enhance the euphoric V-TEC effect?(lol) A V-6? I'm thinking it's going to be to small for a V8?
It depends on what you are doing. If you looking at making no more than 450whp (which can be done NA on an LS1), then you can run it. Or if you get another one, you can run twins and it would be a great medium-high HP street car.

That turbo size is a pretty standard T3/T4 in the import world. Meaning that is what most people used to get when they said they had a T3/T4. Just a very common size. It can make up to around 500whp on 3.0 liters or less, but anything bigger than that and you will most likely choke out the exhaust at anything over 425-450whp.

EDIT: Another thing is that the A/R on the hot side is very small for a V8. If you had over a 1.0 that would be much better for that single. Still probably too small for anything interesting though.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, that's what I was thinking, thanks for the help. I'll probably end up selling it, I HAD intentions of putting it on my Dakota just a DD because making HP on a Magnum motor isn't cheap and it's also gonna cost about 1k to get it on there and it still be reliable, something to make it a little more interesting but, I got my other truck back home so all my play money is going to be going into it. 1k will go a long way on it haha.

Quick Reply: What's this turbo best suited for?