Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ati procharger install

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012 | 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

Default ati procharger install

Lookin at gettin the ati procharger kit that brute speed sells with fuel pump and injectors, was wondering about how much all that would be to get installed at a shop, thinkin some were around $1-1.5k minus tune? And how hard is it to do the pinning kit and do the stud mount through the alternator?

And on a stock ls1 6 speed, with headers ory borla catback and ls6 intake mani will i be lookin at around 450rwhp on a safe tune? Im makin about 340rwhp atm

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2012 | 02:45 PM
Banned

Lightbulb

Put it on your self, save money for race gas and forged parts.
Old 01-05-2012 | 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, they come with detailed instructions. Should be able to do it yourself.
Old 01-05-2012 | 06:36 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

If you have the skills and ability to install long tube headers, you have the ability to install a Procharger. Granted, the fuel pumps are a little more difficult, but putting on a Procharger is pretty straight forward.
Old 01-06-2012 | 09:19 AM
TECH Resident

Im sure i could, the only thing that made me a little nervous was puttin the bracket on it and replacin the altornator bolt with a stud but, if i installed everything except the injectors, could i drive it on a N/A tune and just not get on it/hit boost ok to the shop 20mins away to get tuned? I know with injectors u have to get it tuned to run right, so just get shop to put injectors in and get tuned?
Old 01-06-2012 | 10:19 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Hook everything up, and then just leave the bypass valve off the system and it won't build boost, or very very little. Get to the shop, get the injectors swapped, hook up the bypass valve, and start your tuning.
Old 01-06-2012 | 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

the install is very simple, with bob a phone call away and all of us on tech we will get you thru it. make sure you pin the crank!
Old 01-06-2012 | 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah very true lol and Thats the other thing! Pinnin the crank, is it basically put a hole through ur crank shaft match the hole with ur belt pully and beat/push a pin through it?
Old 01-06-2012 | 12:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by ToxicWS6
Lookin at gettin the ati procharger kit that brute speed sells with fuel pump and injectors, was wondering about how much all that would be to get installed at a shop, thinkin some were around $1-1.5k minus tune? And how hard is it to do the pinning kit and do the stud mount through the alternator?

And on a stock ls1 6 speed, with headers ory borla catback and ls6 intake mani will i be lookin at around 450rwhp on a safe tune? Im makin about 340rwhp atm

Thanks!
Shoot me an e-mail to brutespeed@gmail.com and I'll e-mail you a copy of the ProCharger installation instructions. That way you can see exactly what is involved. It isn't that hard to do, it just takes some time.

8 psi will normally get you a 140 rwhp increase. It makes for a huge night and day difference in power.

You can complete the entire install, just leave the stock injectors in it and you can drive it to where you are going to get it tuned. Just drive it and part throttle, and don't get the urge to go wide open throttle. Back at the old shop we would have people drive from out of state to us like this to have us tune their cars. We would swap in larger injectors once they got the car to us, and we'd load an initial tune to get it up on the dyno to start the part throttle tuning. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 01-06-2012 | 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

Ight sounds good! Thanks everyone

Quick Reply: ati procharger install