Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

the twin Magnum T-70 408 build

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012 | 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hmmm... That's all I need is more temptation to go wot lol. I haven't taken it past 3500 and that was MAYBE 50% throttle. I'm at 260 miles now.
Old 04-27-2012 | 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok, i need to vent before i do something stupid. For starters, i fabbed my hotside to long and i never cleared my radiator. so needless to say 200 miles later my radiator was leaking. So i bought another griffin radiator with smaller cores and i hacked up my radiator support to get a little more clearance. That radiator was ordered on april 5th. It was backordered and finally got to me on the 25th. I have just stayed up all night just trying to get the car running for the weekend. I put everything back together, put all my fluids in, and looked at the car and coolant is pouring out of the f$%cking new radiator. I haven't even started the car and the damn thing is damaged. The fins look great so i doubt it was a shipping issue. So i am returning this **** and not using a griffin for sure. I am so tired of waiting on bs. I know there will be bugs but damn... my patience is at it's peak!!!
Old 04-27-2012 | 12:59 AM
Banned

Most have good success with the griffin radiators. Not sure what your issue is, but another option is the speedway motors double pass radiator (which is what I have) or a AFCO double pass. AFCO's are a little bit more expensive, but they're quality.
Old 04-27-2012 | 01:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yes i read a while ago of all the guys who have griffin and it's worked fine. I am just so upset because i have been waiting forever.
Old 04-28-2012 | 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So I get my replacement griffin off the shelf 155241x today and I hooked the hoses up, filled her up and bam.... Coolant is leaking from that radiator too. Wtf is going on?? I'm about to lose my damn mind!!
Old 04-28-2012 | 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1TA
So I get my replacement griffin off the shelf 155241x today and I hooked the hoses up, filled her up and bam.... Coolant is leaking from that radiator too. Wtf is going on?? I'm about to lose my damn mind!!
Where were they leaking from?
Old 04-28-2012 | 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i am a dumbass. You just can't try to figure things out while you're frustrated. It was an installation error that was hidden by the hood latch bracket and the fact that the car is jacked in the air so the coolant ran to the backside of the radiator. there was a screw that was protruding through the upper radiator support where i had to cut and it was hitting two bars on the radiator just when the radiator was almost all the way tightened down. Man i owe Griffin a huge apology for being a dumb ***.
Old 04-28-2012 | 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

well i am a dumbass. You just can't try to figure things out while you're frustrated. It was an installation error that was hidden by the hood latch bracket and the fact that the car is jacked in the air so the coolant ran to the backside of the radiator. there was a screw that was protruding through the upper radiator support where i had to cut and it was hitting two bars on the radiator just when the radiator was almost all the way tightened down. Man i owe Griffin a huge apology for being a dumb ***.
That's what I was wondering. If they leaked in the same spot, slim to none that was manufacturing. Glad you got it figured out though
Old 04-28-2012 | 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
That's what I was wondering. If they leaked in the same spot, slim to none that was manufacturing. Glad you got it figured out though
Thanks man. Sad thing is, I looked at that screw when i was trimming the support just to make sure it didn't come out to far and at the angle i was standing it looked fine. Now I after getting this issue fixed hopefully i can move on to breaking this motor in right so i can get tuned. Gas mileage is horrible untuned lol. and my oil is actually smelling like gas too.
Old 04-28-2012 | 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea bro frustration will always hinder progress!! So glad you figured it out though.....
Old 04-28-2012 | 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice sig pic!! like what you did with the rims. yeah i'm just sad i was so negligent, i could be on the road by now. I've wasted so much coolant dealing with this build lol.
Old 04-28-2012 | 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Can't wait till hear what this car does!
Old 04-29-2012 | 06:03 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks man. Sad thing is, I looked at that screw when i was trimming the support just to make sure it didn't come out to far and at the angle i was standing it looked fine. Now I after getting this issue fixed hopefully i can move on to breaking this motor in right so i can get tuned. Gas mileage is horrible untuned lol. and my oil is actually smelling like gas too.
how rich is it running? don't want it too rich you could wash a cylinder wall and be starting over. My suggestion is to wait to drive it until you get it tuned.

Quick Reply: the twin Magnum T-70 408 build