Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Supercharger pulley wobble

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Supercharger pulley wobble

I finished my powerdyne install on my 94 LT1 today and when I started it up the supercharger pulley was wobbling pretty bad. It's not the pulley on the supercharger itself, but the pulley that goes on top of the crank pulley.
The stock crank pulley or balancer is good with no wobble but the supercharger pulley mounted on top of it wobbles a lot.

Any ideas how to fix this? I took it off about 3 times and couldn't get the wobble to go away.
Anyone know if/where I can get a new pulley that will work with my stock balancer?
Old 02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
10 Second Club

Take the pulley back off and check it with a straight edge. Also make sure nothing is keeping it from seating into the factory balancer, I.E. like a bolt head, rust, scale, etc. Best of luck, Eric L
Old 02-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the advice I will have to check soon.
Maybe someone could answer another question;
I need a car to drive on Monday, can I remove the belt for the supercharger and drive my car without it working but everything else still bolted up? My plugs are 1.5 heat ranges colder than stock with a .035 gap. Would this affect anything?

If I can fix the wobble, I still don't want to drive with the supercharger until I get it tuned. I have a fmu and stock injectors on it now but was just using them to run the car for a little bit to check for coolant leaks, etc.. I didn't drive the car for fear of detonation.

I have bigger injectors and am just waiting until I clear up the pulley wobble and a minor leak before I get it dyno tuned.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Location: Weatherford Tx 76085 corner of N. Hwy 51 and 150 Green branch Rd.

If you are using the stock Lt1 balancer, that is what is causing your blower crank pulley to not be center and wobble. Powerdyne uses their own special designed (cut grooved) balancer made to center the pulley with it. I'm not sure if you can have the stock balancer machined to work though. More than likely this is your problem, or the blower pulley you have is bent. To answer your other ? yes you can still run the car with everything hooked up. I would ditch the fmu unit and get bigger injectors. Ernest

Quick Reply: Supercharger pulley wobble