Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

C6 Manifolds Vs SS Turbo headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question C6 Manifolds Vs SS Turbo headers

Hey anyone out there know the power limits of a C6 exhaust manifold when flipped and used for a TT set up. I saw a set up with them and they don't look too bad. Would save me about a grand I can put to good use somewhere else in the build. Anyone using them let me know. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I asked this same question a while back and got a few responses saying go for it and some 800rwhp results.

I used them on this car:
http://www.one-guys-garage.com/2006-gto.php
427 with twin PT6765's. Its only been to 630 at 10psi on a Mustang dyno. Its been to 16psi on the street and is an absolute beast. Wont make it back to the dyno till spring looking for 1000+. Also machine both surfaces flat on the 2 bolt flange and just bolt it up. No gaskets. They wont live or just weld on v bands. I wouldnt hesitate to use them again. The restriction is going to be at the turbine housing anyway.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1NOVA
I asked this same question a while back and got a few responses saying go for it and some 800rwhp results.

I used them on this car:
http://www.one-guys-garage.com/2006-gto.php
427 with twin PT6765's. Its only been to 630 at 10psi on a Mustang dyno. Its been to 16psi on the street and is an absolute beast. Wont make it back to the dyno till spring looking for 1000+. Also machine both surfaces flat on the 2 bolt flange and just bolt it up. No gaskets. They wont live or just weld on v bands. I wouldnt hesitate to use them again. The restriction is going to be at the turbine housing anyway.
Cool man, Thanks for the info. I'm going to go ahead and just go with the manifolds.

Tony
Old 02-16-2012, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Headers will obviously flow better than cast manifolds. However headers WILL crak over time unlike cast iron manifold (carbon coming to the surface makes the metal more britle) as its heated. Also headers you can shape them pretty much how you want. You can cut and shut cast manifolds, but you dont ahve the same freedom.

Chris.

Quick Reply: C6 Manifolds Vs SS Turbo headers