Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice build.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Hey I removed that little black box too- and I still have AC. It was not connected to anything at all?
Granted, I have not used my AC since removing this box but it was not connected physically.

Nice build, by the way!
Old 07-20-2012, 01:39 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks guys!
I'll post more details once I take another look at the car. I'm just a bit beaten down with the whole things at the moment. Started it after a base tune on the PCM and it idled fine and drove fine for about a half mile then all at once it just died. Still have power and turns over fine but just quit on me. Was too frustrated to look at it that day and haven't made it to the car since (it's about 2 hours away). Fuel pumps are priming when the key is turned on so hopefully it's as simple as a melted wire/blown fuse.
The whole ride home I was looking at lightly modded C5s on here and autotrader
Old 07-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Finish it! Your build is awesome.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

It lives! Was getting spark so I checked fuel. The pump was priming fine but had no fuel at the rail. First thought was bad pump but I switched it so my secondary pump became my primary and had the same problem. Pulled the pumps out and saw that the line on the primary pump blew off. Got some better clamps, reattached the hose, and was good to go. Electric fuel pressure gauge was reading 75psi at the rail Have to double check it with a handheld unit but that is crazy high. Will have to get a FPR installed.
Just got back from about a 5 mile trip and everything went well. It's not building boost at all until about 3500rpm, which doesn't seem right but one thing at a time. Got it up to 2psi and let off since I'm just on a base tune. First time I got to hear the BOV on my car
IATs stayed around 95-98* on a 88* day so that is good news. That is without the meth running. Still have a lot of smoke coming off of the exhaust wrap but that's to be expected. There is a little bit of smoke coming off of the turbo but there was a little oil spilled on it so it is probably just cooking that off.
All in all, it's been a good day!
Old 07-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Launching!

hmmm...boost leak? wastegate or bov opening too early?
Old 07-23-2012, 04:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ledesordre
hmmm...boost leak? wastegate or bov opening too early?
Could be a multitude of things. Bad boost gauge, pinched vacuum line, exhaust leak, boost leak, coupler restriction, bad turbo, bad wastegate, bad BOV... I'll figure it out when the time comes.
In the meantime, I'll just enjoy my moment of glory
Old 01-12-2013, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

can you show by chance the clearnace oyu have betweem the passanger side mainifold and the dump tube. you said you have a stock k-member, im wondering how much room i would have with a UMI RR-kmember.

Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 01-13-2013 at 01:50 AM. Reason: im an idiot and missed somthing lol
Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 AM
Teching In

He is using a 76mm turbo. the 88 is how hot it was out side when he took it for a test drive.

Quick Reply: Restarting the build thread... forged 76mm front mount