Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

D1SC issues just after install

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D1SC issues just after install

So I've completed the install and had my tuner throw a "safe to drive" tune on it so I would be able drive an hour to get a more in-depth tune on it before installing my meth kit and other pully that will bring me to 12psi (currently 8psi). I noticed right after install that my speedo was not working, the only thing I could think of that we messed with was relocating that oversized cruise control box.

I brought it for a tune regardless of the issue and he informed me that it was a no go as I had a vacuum leak, exhaust leak and the speedo affects idle fuel/air mixtures at idle.

I've done a search and found nothing. So my question is, has anyone else had a similar issue after install or could one of the other issues be the root cause of my broken speedo?

Here are the stats on my car:
2001 Camaro ss, M6, shorty headers, hollowed cats, SLP catback exhaust.
D1SC Procharger fbody kit (2 small air/air intercoolers).

Thanks for any advice!
-Drew
Old 02-29-2012, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by orange01ss
So I've completed the install and had my tuner throw a "safe to drive" tune on it so I would be able drive an hour to get a more in-depth tune on it before installing my meth kit and other pully that will bring me to 12psi (currently 8psi). I noticed right after install that my speedo was not working, the only thing I could think of that we messed with was relocating that oversized cruise control box.

I brought it for a tune regardless of the issue and he informed me that it was a no go as I had a vacuum leak, exhaust leak and the speedo affects idle fuel/air mixtures at idle.

I've done a search and found nothing. So my question is, has anyone else had a similar issue after install or could one of the other issues be the root cause of my broken speedo?

Here are the stats on my car:
2001 Camaro ss, M6, shorty headers, hollowed cats, SLP catback exhaust.
D1SC Procharger fbody kit (2 small air/air intercoolers).

Thanks for any advice!
-Drew

that is just messed up. i did not have this issue. i cant even fathom what it could be. maybe someone with more experience will chime in. Hey not to get off the subject, but are you running 12lbs on a stock bottom end? you will be joining the alchemist and I reaaaaaal soon.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Yeah I will be on a stock bottom end, already in planning if it goes. Switching to 317 heads and Bob's brutespeed cam once I get these issues fixed and the meth/12psi on it.

-Drew
Old 02-29-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 124 Likes on 62 Posts

your speedo sensor is on the driverside of the trans, start there. Unplug it and reconnect it, really no other way for it to be affected from just an install.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you have anything apart on the engine or did you just install the Procharger kit.

Speedo could be not working because of whatever "safe tune" he put into it. That and he is BSing you when he says the speedo is affecting you AF at idle.

I think I would take it somewhere else
Old 03-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
Did you have anything apart on the engine or did you just install the Procharger kit.

Speedo could be not working because of whatever "safe tune" he put into it. That and he is BSing you when he says the speedo is affecting you AF at idle.

I think I would take it somewhere else
Nothing was apart on the engine, we just did the install. Im not a fan of doing multiple projects on a car at the same time as it becomes harder to chase down issues usually.

I dont need to take the car elsewhere as the tuner is very well known and since it has been 4 weeks I may be misquoting him at this point. The error is likely mine. I will try to contact him today for specifics, our schedules seem to be alternating and always busy.

Thanks,
-Drew
Old 03-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Electrical/wiring issue, Check the BCM harness located behind the glove box. See if the glove box support has rubbed a hole into the harness.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Thanks Pete! Ill check behind the glove box. I was considering jumping the wires from the ecu to the vss this weekend when I get time. I suppose we could have damaged one when taking it out to get a tune dropped in it before install of the D1SC.

-Drew

Quick Reply: D1SC issues just after install