Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin PTE BB 6766 or Twin TC76's

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Twin PTE BB 6766 or Twin TC76's

Debating turbos at the moment.

Either the PTE BB 6766 or the Turbonetics BB TC76. Anyone have experiences with either or opinions when it comes to spool, cfm, reliability, etc..?

These are for an RHS427ci engine on E85 looking for a little more hp than stock. Car is being setup for the TX mile, but will be a street car the other 363 days of the year that there is no TX mile going on. Working a/c and all that stuff. If I can't make the twins fit the way I want to, then I will just go single....but I have some ideas that I want to try with the twins first before I give up on the idea.

Oh....and this is going into a 3rd gen RX7, so space, fitment, frame size, etc...is also very important since I don't have the engine bay space that I used to with the C6Z06.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My choice would be the 6766s. BB is optional, with your setup being a large cubic engine, I don't see the need for ball bearing when journal bearing turbos will get the job done.

As far as frame size out of the PT6766s and TC series, I believe the TCs are physically larger. You can order Precision turbos with various compressor covers. The smaller one for the 6766 is the E Cover (3"in/2"out). If a smaller frame sized turbonetics turbo is what you're after, check out Turbonetics' new GTK series of turbos.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Twin PTE BB 6766 or Twin TC76's