Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ls6 twin turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 05:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls6 twin turbo

ok so i am going into the research for building my ls6 block up for twin tubos and i am looking for aroudn 800hp. i am thinking 4" bore and crank i dont know on rod length or pushrod length yet, still into the researching (1 year. am deploying to afganistan). i dont know the head, intake or cam i want ot run. thats were my questions start to hit

i was thinking just run ls6 head, intake, and cam because iv heard a lot of people run this set up with no problems on turbo mods.

i am just looking for more info on set ups people are running with lots of success. this motor is going a project car. a non GM i am thinking of some sort of ricer. got a good deal on a really nice s2000 body (blown motor, trany is out. making it a really good roller and ability to sell motor, tranny, and diff) or just a cool subaru build for a older 1997-2001 subaru imprez L and making it a jdm rally kit to look liek the gen 1 subaru racers.

but what heads, intake are good and will handle 14-20 psi of boost
also anything else i need to run parts list

i will run dual chains, dual springs in the heads, proformance rollers, fuel rails, new fuel pump (might just run a diesel 200gph set up with the water seporator and 2micron filter set up due to being resonably cheap and provide very good filtration and pushes fuel at a massive rate)

rod size? pushrod size? lifters? injectors size to push 800hp if not more? what oil pan should i be running, of course due to project car might limit what i can run, front/rear sump blah blah. what brand pistons are best for dished, shoudl i run soild rings or just stick with normal piston rings (heard you gain very little hp for the price. benifits over cons?) this is just my general reasearch for my future build

what bore to stroke size will provide 800+hp? shoudl i bore over and bore out the crank or just make a stroker kinda set up?

Quick Reply: ls6 twin turbo