Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Thinking about adding a wastegate to my setup. D1SC...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vmapper
a bypass or surge valve is still being used. this thread is to discuss running a pulley combo which would provide huge boost, but limited by either a wastegate, restrictor or bov. check out some of the links and pointers to some magazines to understand better. If I run with a bov, which is new to me, I would have BOTH my bypass valve as normally AND a wastegate or BOV to cotrol the boost.

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
Right, the BOV would still be used. It just releases the pressure on deceleration/closed throttle to prevent surging the compressor. The wastegate is what would be controlling the actual boost level.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but after reading it all i still see a few questions that seem important that were not answered...
1) "My main concern is previously mentioned cylinder pressure at lower RPM. Its obvioulsy going to be higher with boost coming in a lot faster, but is it at an unsafe level?

2) "It also increase the drive loads on your supercharger a ton." how much is a ton?

3) my big question. on a stock bottom end, what size pulley/how much boost would be a safe on the d1sc with 4.5 twin intercoolers?

p.s. if i am hi-jacking let me know and i will start a new thread.

Quick Reply: Thinking about adding a wastegate to my setup. D1SC...