Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boosted Big Cube on Pump Gas Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Just please do not under turbo this thing.

It's a 408! It needs a large turbo!
looking at your website. I live in statesville not but an hour from you guys. I may decide to purchase a lot of things for build from you since you are local.

Do you have a machine shop or mess with assembling engines at all???
Old 08-25-2012, 08:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mrstepheneades
You guys are funny but i know what your saying. I was planning on going with a texas speed rotating assembly around 2300 dollars with dish piston option so on and so forth. 9.0 to 1 or little lower on compression so pump gas is ideal. We have 93 octane around here so hopefully can get quite a bit from that..... Arp everything and stud the heads.... the s400-91 turbo is what i plan to buy. Its 1699 from forced inductions. Its big enough i sould never outgrow it. Lonnies fuel system, the whole works i think its 1575...... like 96 pound injectors, think thier like 500... then you got wg and bov which theres another 800, doing manifolds and my own piping so theres 300 more, intercooler price ?????, clutch to hold the power another 700-800, it doesnt stop lol. Just gonna get a jy lq9 and put it on engine stand in next few weeks and start doing little by little..... May buy the turbo with my christmas bonus so im commited to the build lol.......
Sounds like you have it planned out pretty well but your budget won't cap out at 15 grand. You will go above that.

For what you are doing, 2300 on the rotating assembly isn't going to cut it. For 1000 rwhp I recommend a callies dragonslayer crank, the callies compstar I beams would suffice here, Wiseco pistons, add in bearings and balancing from TSP and you're up to $3400 bucks. These parts in my eyes are whats its going to take to make the motor live a long time. I hope in your 2300 that didn't include anything from Eagle or Scat. I have heard too many machining issues with them. You shouldn't have to machine something out of the box.

Don't buy your turbo just yet. Talk to forced inductions, they might have something better that's still in that price range or cheaper.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

looked on tick perf site and they have callies kits for 2400 range and up........ and i plan on calling forced inductions before i purchase. Like to purchase stuff like that on phone anyway with someone who knows better than me.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

trans eventually probably do a viperized version and wanna do a fab 9 rear. Think ill wait till they break lol.....

Quick Reply: Boosted Big Cube on Pump Gas Ideas?