Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

vortech v1 t-trim that needs rebuilt, is it worth anything?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default vortech v1 t-trim that needs rebuilt, is it worth anything?

I recently spun a rod bearing in my ls6 block, so I ordered a new block, and listed the LS6 on craigslist and here... well I get an email today from a guy who apparently put a rod through his block in his camaro SS and wants to buy mine to get it fixed... here's the email:

do u still have the LS block? if so is there anything else included other than the lifters and oil pump?i have a camaro ss and i borke a rod and it really ruined my block. so i think it would be cheaper to get one like yours and get it machined. i dont have alot money but i have some stuff to trade, i have a vortech t trip v1 supercharger that needs rebuilt i could trade you i called vortech and they said it sounds like a minor rebuild but they cant give me a price until its there i know it at least needs bearings thanks roy

is this supercharger any good? how much is it worth broken, and what would i expect to pay to get it rebuilt by vortech?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well its hard to say but I have seen them sell on ebay for 500 bucks and up not needing rebuilt. I would expect to pay a couple hundred bucks for vortech to fix it. If I remember from when I sent them mine they charge 100 bucks just to look at it whether you have them do anything to it or not.

Quick Reply: vortech v1 t-trim that needs rebuilt, is it worth anything?