Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

pics of ATI crank pulley installed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 05:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ATI Procharger doesn't make the Superdamper.

They told me up front that this upgrade required purchasing the ATI Perf Prod Superdamper.

I'd actually gotten the Damper first, along with the LS1 pin kit (which sat in the garage a couple months). The, I got the steel bracket. Now that I have the 8-Rib, I'm in the process of installing it... if I can ever get a minute to crawl under the car.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSs1Power
I just bought an 8-rib D-1SC. U will need the ATI Super Damper to complete the install. The company that makes the ATI Super Damper is different from the company that sells the ATI blower kit. They dont sell it with the kit. I had to buy it with the 8 rib setup. Just order ur ATI super Damper with the pinning kit because u will have to pin ur crank too. Its all for ur good
are you kidding? that is complete bullshit. No one ever made mention of this. Why the hell would they sell a kit that isn't a complete kit? No one ever said "oh sure, you can buy the 8 rib, but will need to buy a new balancer"
This is a complete crock of ****, and ATI is going to get seriously ripped up about this.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Nope he aint lying, thats the ATI dampner that costs 500+ with the AC portion on it.

Last edited by 5-liter-eater; 04-02-2004 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm really surprised ATI doesn't make mention of that, or can't make an 8 rib pully that bolts up to the stock balencer. Or god forbid they design a self tensioning system that doesn't require you to remove the blower everytime you want to change a belt. The Vortech is lookin better and better everyday.

Mike
Old 04-02-2004, 08:55 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So my question is still this, if you buy the 'upgrade' for 1200.00 what do you get - two pulleys, idler and a belt and you still have to buy a damper?

I think most people are aware the ATI balancer isnt made by ATI/procharger but that doesnt mean they cant buy them and include them in their kit like vortech does. I know its an expensive damper and wouldnt expect it for free but I just think ATI should be a little more clear on it in their advertising.

Last edited by kp; 04-02-2004 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Well, I talked to ATI, and they basically said "we only sell the kit, its up to your distributor to offer accessories like fuel management, injectors, balancers etc..."

So, in turn...I place the blame on Tbyrne. It's ridiculous that you have to learn this after putting down $5k at a shop. I'm emailing him to tell him that he needs to do the responsible thing and update his procharger page accordingly.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackBootyZ71
Well, I talked to ATI, and they basically said "we only sell the kit, its up to your distributor to offer accessories like fuel management, injectors, balancers etc..."

So, in turn...I place the blame on Tbyrne. It's ridiculous that you have to learn this after putting down $5k at a shop. I'm emailing him to tell him that he needs to do the responsible thing and update his procharger page accordingly.

Thats why bob at EPP rocks.... He told me up front about the Super Damper and got it for me too
Old 04-02-2004, 11:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBootyZ71
are you kidding? that is complete bullshit.
-
NOT bullshit!

People wanted them to make a way to boost these kits (originally designed to run 4.5 to 7 or 8 PSI) to much great levels.

The problem primarily lay with the 6 ribs and the crank bolt being backed out by the stock damper. I also think the bracket needs to be more rigid.

That being said, they came up with a solution.
Not enough people are going to do this to justify them getting in the business of making Superdampers or even stocking up on such an expensive item.

I'm grateful they made the 8-rib kit to use a popular, existing part (like the superdamper) so it works.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

tbyrne has it on his page guys, its a 1300 dollar increase ontop of the blower kit
Old 04-02-2004, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Black LS1 T/A
-
NOT bullshit!

People wanted them to make a way to boost these kits (originally designed to run 4.5 to 7 or 8 PSI) to much great levels.

The problem primarily lay with the 6 ribs and the crank bolt being backed out by the stock damper. I also think the bracket needs to be more rigid.

That being said, they came up with a solution.
Not enough people are going to do this to justify them getting in the business of making Superdampers or even stocking up on such an expensive item.

I'm grateful they made the 8-rib kit to use a popular, existing part (like the superdamper) so it works.
oh no, trust me...i'm glad the 8 rib came out....My gripe is that no one ever made mention that ordering the 8 rib kit meant having to buy the super dampener.

But I guess in the long run, i lucked out...because i ordered a 6 rib, paid for a 6 rib, and ended up with an 8 rib for just $500 more.

Last edited by BlackBootyZ71; 04-02-2004 at 12:58 PM.

Quick Reply: pics of ATI crank pulley installed?