Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Automotion Steel ATI bracket showed up...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 12:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Automotion Steel ATI bracket showed up...

Well, it was sent 2 day fed ex, too bad it was a lil more than a week after I ordered it. BUT I am happy with what I got in today.....with a little clean up it should work just fine. It came in packed in foam peanuts and the box it was shipped in was "punched out" on one side from the weight of the bracket lol. These things really needs to be packed better-note to Jason.
It weighs in at 7 pounds says my trusty scale. I can't see this thing flexing at all even with the cogs. It is an exact replica of the ATI aluminum bracket down to the counter sunk holes and PN on the side lol. Mine was really rusted? Especially around the bottom part of the bracket. I took a flap wheel to it to get all the rust off. I will be going over it more in the morning and repainting it before it goes on. But my hats off to the feel of this thing, compared to my ATI aluminum bracket this thing is rock solid. Money well spent.......but the final verdict is left until I get it on the car.
OF course I have pics....you can see where the rust was.....
FRONT

BACK

When I bought mine he had 3 left, so there is 2 now unless someone else bought them.
J
Old 04-03-2004, 02:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jer, What was the Total shipped to you???? Make sure when you enlarge the slot that you take side by side pics to show some of us behind you what you did so we can follow.... If he still has 1 left ill order it on the 15th.........
Kyle
Old 04-03-2004, 02:43 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is a post of mine about the bracket, Na$ty-TA:

Jason Escher's (Automotion Performance) steel bracket is the bomb.
(303-670-5011, $180.00. Jason once worked for ATI, so he knew exactly what to do to get a precise fit.)

I climbed under my car to look at the belt and check things after my trip to West Virgina (780 mile round trip, plus mileage that week while working there), and after repeated WOT's, some high speed runs, etc, (even with the smaller 3.20 SC pulley and MMS crank pulley) I see no appreciable wear on the belt. And it's not as tight as I have had to keep it before, either. But, I'm still getting 13 to 14 PSI peak. With my old bracket (the one on the right), I would have broken several belts by now.

The original bracket was fine up to 10 PSI on my stock engine. But, I began to have these problems at even that boost level with the 422. There is just so much more torque down low, and even on the big end, intermittent contact between the idler and bracket could be potentially devastating. The soft depressions that occur from tightening and moving the idler bolt exacerabates the problem, because the idler is pulled in even closer AND they are no longer precisely perpendicular to each other.

I don't see how I could live without it at the higher boost levels. If anyone is seeing unexplainable belt slip and dips, I STRONGLY recommend you check the surface of the bracket area where the idler pulley might meet the bracket and gouge it... but worse, yet, suspend rotation and chew or snap your belt!
Old 04-03-2004, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Kyle it was 175+25 to ship
J
Old 04-03-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys... ill call on monday......