Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

shimming valve springs for more seat pressure and boost.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default shimming valve springs for more seat pressure and boost.

So ive been wondering if more seat pressure would help my setup.. I currently have pac 1518's and am running a ls6 cam. My turbo is a pt7675 on a .81 a/r on a 3 inch dumped down pipe at the starer. Yes housing is a little small but i love the spool.. so im thinking there is probably a bit of backpressure on the exhaust valves and 16psi on the intake valves. I have plenty of room in the springs to shim them to up the seat pressure. I have seen some flat spots on my logs around 6000rpm so im probably not getting great valve control up there...

Im wondering if this would be worth the hassle? Where do most people start to have problems with boost and seat pressure? i mean i have seen some setups make more power with only ls6 springs... but this is ls1tech and some people just get away with **** like that lol.. i am also ordering a pushrod length checker as right now im am running the stock 5.3 pushrods on the ls6 cam which im sure are not working well.. im sure some standard 7.4 pushrods should be perfect but ill check it anyways
Old 07-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

soundslike you have it figured out, you can definately shim them and youshould. Or get some better springs

Quick Reply: shimming valve springs for more seat pressure and boost.