Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

cant get my turbo car to cool, what kinda cfm do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobsmyuncle
Anyone got pics of those derales on they're rad? At 3 1/2" thick, there's no way they will fit on mine
They are not that thick, they are 3.1" thick. Here is the link to what everyone is talking about. Find a way to make them work. They are the answer. . .

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DER-16925/
Old 07-30-2012, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
They are not that thick, they are 3.1" thick. Here is the link to what everyone is talking about. Find a way to make them work. They are the answer. . .

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DER-16925/
well if its that easy, why dont u tell me how im going to fit those two 12 1/2" fans on a 22" radiator.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MattSapp95_T/A
I was fighting overheating issues on my car and I will tell you what all I did and now it's cool...

I went with the bigger griffin vertical radiator than most use on here.. It's suppose to have 25% more cooling..
Went with 2 Derale pushers...(they are really as bad *** as everyone says!!)
Went from a meziere 35gpm to a street pump at 65 gpm
Put one of my custom alumnium air dams on it and directed it up a little more to help direct air towards the radiator..
Built a aluminum upper cover to cover the front space between the bumper and the core support so air had to go through the radiator
Straight water and 2 bottles of water wetter
No thermastat at all (as directed by meziere and griffin to aid better cooling)

Car runs around 180 now!

Let me know if I can help any
Matt
lol thanks matt ive been throught all this and still have problems but i have a th400 and alot of street driving. if i get on the open hwy it will stay around 230.. i will try taking out the thermostat cus i have a merize high flow pump
Old 07-30-2012, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

p.s. i put the heat shields back on the manifolds, and put the air damn on, also moved one fan all the way up, and moved the other all the way down. also richened it up a little bit at idle.

non of this helped.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

well if its that easy, why dont u tell me how im going to fit those two 12 1/2" fans on a 22" radiator.
You have posted now 2 threads on how to make your turbo car cool and have shot down every single suggestion that everyone has given you. Look in your other thread at what Tabr unit did on his griffin radiator with these fans. He made them work. I would suggest that you do something like that. You have an airflow problem and you need a fan that will flow a **** ton of air, in comes the derale fans that everyone is suggesting and you are shooting down.

On another note being a fabricator and innovator is all about making things work. Its about taking something and figuring it out. Look at my build thread for my gt91 in my sig. I took 5th gen manifolds and made them work to keep my ac. If you would like me to come and hold your hand and figure this out I will. Or you can send me the radiator and send me the fans and I can fab up a bracket to work. I am not meaning to come across as rude to you, but you have shot down every single idea that everyone has suggested. Me and everyone else here are trying to help you out. You need airflow and lots of it.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got the car infront of me, they wont fit. the rad is all the way against the headlight/bumper brackets. the fans i got on there now already hit the hood latch.

on another note, i took the hood completely off today and drove the car. still overheated.

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
You have posted now 2 threads on how to make your turbo car cool and have shot down every single suggestion that everyone has given you. Look in your other thread at what Tabr unit did on his griffin radiator with these fans. He made them work. I would suggest that you do something like that. You have an airflow problem and you need a fan that will flow a **** ton of air, in comes the derale fans that everyone is suggesting and you are shooting down.

On another note being a fabricator and innovator is all about making things work. Its about taking something and figuring it out. Look at my build thread for my gt91 in my sig. I took 5th gen manifolds and made them work to keep my ac. If you would like me to come and hold your hand and figure this out I will. Or you can send me the radiator and send me the fans and I can fab up a bracket to work. I am not meaning to come across as rude to you, but you have shot down every single idea that everyone has suggested. Me and everyone else here are trying to help you out. You need airflow and lots of it.

Last edited by Bobsmyuncle; 07-31-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

mr badass seems he is to good to help any more. bob i have the same problem on a turbo car i went back to factory radiator and shroud with an air dam and as well as factory fan.

let me tell u this helped alot and my temps are down ALOT but once i get on the hwy in this 100+ heat it creeps to 220 and stays there. i have the highest flowing mezire water pump and still have issues, im going to be removin the tstat this week to see if it helps. keep us updated
Old 07-31-2012, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 118 Likes on 57 Posts

wasnt it determined that the mezire pumps flow less than the factory one once the car is moving aka through the rpms?
Old 07-31-2012, 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

i got the car infront of me, they wont fit. the rad is all the way against the headlight/bumper brackets. the fans i got on there now already hit the hood latch.

on another note, i took the hood completely off today and drove the car. still overheated.
If your front bumper brace is touching the radiator then that is part of your problem. Can you post some pictures of this. Do you have a front mount intercooler? My brace was removed.
Originally Posted by FasTimeSS
mr badass seems he is to good to help any more.
Are you referring to me sir? If you are then thanks, I accept that title. I am a badass. Some of us have to work.

Quick Reply: cant get my turbo car to cool, what kinda cfm do i need?