Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

HELP with torque converter for my supercharged vette

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004 | 09:38 PM
Teching In

Unhappy HELP with torque converter for my supercharged vette

hi everyone!!
i need help with this,that is driving me crazy
i have a 98 corvette A4 with 3.42 gears and yank3000TC,also running an ati superchargr w/7psi of boost
i want to swap the converter but i dont know wich is better to my mods,my car is daily driven but sometimes i go to th track.
what do you guys recommend to me???
some people tells me SY3500 and other ST3800 i´m very confused about this,i dont want to feel the car too heavy on the stops,the car now feels good but i want to know if a can get better times,without loose the driveability

any help is really appreciate!!
Old 04-07-2004 | 09:00 AM
kp
8 Second Club

A lot of C5 guys like the SY3500 but it will 'feel' looser then the ST3800 and wont launch as hard. I would probably go with a Vig3200 or the the ST3800 Yank if you plan on using some good tires at the track, with stock tires on the street it would be a tre spinning mess in 1st-2nd gear. The SY wouldnt be as bad but run flats would be pretty useless with the SY also..

A lot of people think 3500+ too loose to use with a blower but a centrifigal blower doesnt make the huge torque/power down low like a turbo/roots blower/N2o unless it pulleyed WAY up. At 7psi the power curve is pretty similar to a heads/cam car except the torque peak is a little higher. People cringe when I tell them I have a PT4200 converter in mine but I think I could use even more

Quick Reply: HELP with torque converter for my supercharged vette