Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Water pushing out the radiator!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet_SS
The oil will tell you everything once you drain it. If it looks like chocolate milk then your **** out of luck. But it also sounds like the PCV setup isn't adequate if you blowing the dipstick out. Sounds like too much crankcase pressure.
I believe that was the case...! I wasn't there. (The tuner was giving me too much additude and pissed me off) It didn't have any vents or additional breathers/catch can.
The guys pulled the oil cap and wrapped it with a towel and pulled the tube off the driver side valve cover and that apparently worked for that part...

I'm going to pull the waterpump and inspect that, and try to flush the block. If there is not a obvious blockage. Then, I'll start with pulling the heads and getting them checked myself....
Old 09-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

Mine did the same thing, pushed coolant out of the rad. kept checking the oil, no signs of coolant in it. Pulled the heads and saw where it was pushing under boost.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Gee101
Mine did the same thing, pushed coolant out of the rad. kept checking the oil, no signs of coolant in it. Pulled the heads and saw where it was pushing under boost.
Correct sir.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:44 PM
12 Second Club

Before pulling the motor can you do another leak down test at BDC & TDC? If a cylinder walls cracked youll find it that way. But with the oil not being contaminated id doubt it. im asuming your running a cooler tstat and fan settings since you said the fans come on at 170. If not dont trust your stock gauge. Do you own a infared thermometer? Check the temps across the radiator core as well as both hoses and along the heads for major temp variations. Im willing to bet its some thing that's not that big of a issue. If its got a cracked block or bad headgasket a proper leak down test will find it.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:30 AM
Launching!

He flushed the block earlier today, and didn't notice any type of blockage. Sadly, it seems we're at worst case scenario. I'll have him check back here, and update with more info that he has. Thanks everyone again for all the help, it's much appreciated.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Ha ha
Old 09-20-2012, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is your rear steam tubes hooked up?
Old 09-27-2012, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lmao karma IS A BITCH, my lil blower was to much for your stolen parts

Last edited by 9sectruck; 09-27-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 9sectruck
Lmao karma, my lil blower to much for your stolen parts
A huge +1.

If you LS1tech guys only knew how bad the OP hosed over a great guy, who made the mistake of trusting a fellow semi-local car guy...
Old 09-27-2012, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

I normally feel for a car guy when they have probs. But knowing how some of the parts were obtained for this build, let's just say this overcast day looks pretty bright to me.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Lmao karma IS A BITCH, my lil blower was to much for your stolen parts
Originally Posted by kodycobra
A huge +1.

If you LS1tech guys only knew how bad the OP hosed over a great guy, who made the mistake of trusting a fellow semi-local car guy...
Originally Posted by DevonsZ
I normally feel for a car guy when they have probs. But knowing how some of the parts were obtained for this build, let's just say this overcast day looks pretty bright to me.
Just so everyone knows, these three guys are best friends. 9sectruck sold me my blower kit, and he received the money in full when I picked the kit up in person. He asked me if I would trade him a few parts and I said sure, later we found out that our parts were not interchangeable, since I'm LS1 based and he has an LS2, and he said he wasn't interested in the parts anymore. I still mailed him the parts to maintain our deal, but he magically "didn't ever receive the parts" and feels I should do more. I have witnesses that I paid him in full the day I got the kit, and a witness that I in fact mailed his parts out.

In the short time I have been on this forum I have bought parts for my build from several people, as well as sold several parts. Never had any issues.

Last edited by M2W-GTO; 09-27-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

YEP THAT JUST THE WAY IT WENT
YOU HAV A 05-06 GTO THAT CAME WITH THE LS2 AND YOU SWITCHED THE ENGINE TO A LS1 MY BAD FOR NOT KNOWING, I GUESS ITS MY PROBLEM I DIDNT DO THE RESEARCH ON YOUR CAR TO MAKE SURE YOU HAD A LS2, BUT YA I GUESS I CAN JUST GIVE 500+ DOLLARS AWAY WORTH OF PARTS, IM MEAN DAMN WHO CANT JUST THROW 500 DOLLARS AWAY ON PARTS. STILL NO PROFF ON SENDING ME S----
O YOUR GIRLFRIENDS WORD THAT MAKE MY MINE AT EASE
WHEN YOU AGREED TO TRADE PARTS I THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE A MAN ABOUT IT AND MAKE THE DEAL RIGHT BUT NOPE AS SOON AS YOU COULD YOU SOLD THE LS2 INJECTORS i GAVE YOU FOR TRADE TO BENEFIT YOUR BUILD, YOU NEVER CONTACTED ME FIRST TO TELL ME THESE INJECTORS WONT WORK I NEED LEV1 INJECTORS NOT THE EV6 SO YOU BENEFITED OF MY MONEY
I HOPE YOUR CAR NEVER RUNS TO ITS POT. LET ALONE AT ALL (KARMA BITCH)
Old 09-27-2012, 04:39 PM
11 Second Club

Lmao... You have proof? Post a pic of the receipt when you shipped the parts then. Oh ya that's right you didn't ship them your girlfriend did and you/she lost said receipt.

And I think it may be a little more than friends when the other board we are in starts a poll to perma ban you and within the first two hours it's 20-4 to boot you.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Launching!

YEP THAT JUST THE WAY IT WENT
YOU HAV A 05-06 GTO THAT CAME WITH THE LS2 AND YOU SWITCHED THE ENGINE TO A LS1 MY BAD FOR NOT KNOWING, I GUESS ITS MY PROBLEM I DIDNT DO THE RESEARCH ON YOUR CAR TO MAKE SURE YOU HAD A LS2, BUT YA I GUESS I CAN JUST GIVE 500+ DOLLARS AWAY WORTH OF PARTS, IM MEAN DAMN WHO CANT JUST THROW 500 DOLLARS AWAY ON PARTS. STILL NO PROFF ON SENDING ME S----
O YOUR GIRLFRIENDS WORD THAT MAKE MY MINE AT EASE
WHEN YOU AGREED TO TRADE PARTS I THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE A MAN ABOUT IT AND MAKE THE DEAL RIGHT BUT NOPE AS SOON AS YOU COULD YOU SOLD THE LS2 INJECTORS i GAVE YOU FOR TRADE TO BENEFIT YOUR BUILD, YOU NEVER CONTACTED ME FIRST TO TELL ME THESE INJECTORS WONT WORK I NEED LEV1 INJECTORS NOT THE EV6 SO YOU BENEFITED OF MY MONEY
I HOPE YOUR CAR NEVER RUNS TO ITS POT. LET ALONE AT ALL (KARMA BITCH)
The parts we agreed upon about trading don't even add up to $500... And, every forum I am on has my build thread, where it clearly states I am LS1 based. I also told you numerous times before I bought the kit that I was LS1 based, and asked if it would work on my setup. YOU assured me that the kit would work perfectly, which wasn't the case. It's no ones fault except for our own for not making sure, I didn't complain about you being wrong and that the injectors were no good for me, because it was as much my fault as it was yours for not double checking. Lesson learned.

You were paid in full, and you know it.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Another vote for M2W being an uber douche, before and after the whole blower incident.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 09-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Yup, mild2wild is a scamming a-hole, nothing but lies out of that one.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by M2W-GTO
The parts we agreed upon about trading don't even add up to $500...
So since the parts you didn't get him didn't add up to $500 it's ok to not worry about it?
Old 10-01-2012, 02:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DevonsZ
So since the parts you didn't get him didn't add up to $500 it's ok to not worry about it?
I already stated multiple times that I shipped the parts originally agreed upon to the address he provided me with.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by M2W-GTO
I already stated multiple times that I shipped the parts originally agreed upon to the address he provided me with.
As we've heard many times with no proof of shipment. You claim to have proof yet it's never been posted. Just like you also had a laundry list of reasons why it wasn't taken care of over 6 months ago.

But hey I'll go to the lottery commission and tell them I won the power ball, surely they just hand me the $$$ without the ticket right?

It doesn't matter to me anymore, karma came around quick.

Quick Reply: Water pushing out the radiator!!