Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

HELP NINETRES!! Car randomly dies when boost hits.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 10:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,299 Posts

Originally Posted by ninetres
Defective fuel pump. Not only did we see that pressure drops like a rock to zero, but the pump also took a complete **** during our testing. I'll withhold the name brand until I see how they handle it. Only been on the car for a month but I've had it sitting in the box longer than the 2 year warranty. I've read about a LOT of people having them fail....even several for the same person. I also read their customer service is very good.....but not sure how they will respond since its "technically" out of warranty.

I'm not even 100% sure I want to run this pump after reading about all the failures. Might spring for a Magnafuel.
Dang man. Hey, at least you found the issues. Congrats on that, its better than not knowing, right?Ever thought about doing twin Walbro's like the new 340's?
Old 09-30-2012, 11:21 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Sounds like it is time to install a fuel pressure gauge in the car. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 09-30-2012, 12:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Definitely long overdue for the fp gauge on the dash. I'm thinking I'll stick with one pump. haven't heard of the 340s. the way my fuel system is plumbed it would be easiest to use a big single. plus I like the idea of how if one pump goes out, the car dies.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:15 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got my pump back from FUELAB. Let me say first....AWESOME customer service. They took care of me even though my pump was "technically" out of warranty. They said what happened was there was a nick in the o-ring that separates the pump and internal controller....and fuel leaked in and shorted the controller out. They replaced the o-ring, and installed an updated controller for no charge. They had it turned around and out their door in 24 HOURS. Got it installed and it seems to be working fine.

Hitting the track this Saturday!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my pump back from FUELAB. Let me say first....AWESOME customer service. They took care of me even though my pump was "technically" out of warranty. They said what happened was there was a nick in the o-ring that separates the pump and internal controller....and fuel leaked in and shorted the controller out. They replaced the o-ring, and installed an updated controller for no charge. They had it turned around and out their door in 24 HOURS. Got it installed and it seems to be working fine.

That's great to hear! You should get an electronic fuel pressure gauge so you can log it as well, then there's no guessing.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,299 Posts

That is some fantastic customer service. I wish more companies operated like that. Good luck on Saturday!

Quick Reply: HELP NINETRES!! Car randomly dies when boost hits.