Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On3performance junk!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As an ecommerce shop owner and avid eBay seller, I'll give you this advice. Never leave feedback until after the case is closed. Most eBay sellers that are "power sellers" will go out of their way to make it right because they don't want negative feedback. That negative feedback can and will probably hurt him in the pocket book. His solution of you sending back the turbo sounds pretty logical to me. It is quite possibly under a factory warranty but would need the turbo back to make a claim or for it. It doesn't make good business sense for him to send a replacement until he gets the defective one back. As a buyer you have way more protection than he does. It sounds to me like you jumped the gun on feed back which can effect how the seller will handle the issue. But rest assured eBay will side with you. They will require you to send the turbo back to the seller with a tracking number. After the turbo arrives. You will be refunded automatically with in 24 hours. I didn't honestly see how chad sucks either. Since you posted that you did some research and knew there was a higher than average failure rate with these turbos. That doesn't make Chad the bad guy for your turbo failing and offering to fix it. He didn't manufacture it after all.

As for the turbo to stay on topic. That really sucks that it failed. A couple people around me run them with no issues. So it may be hit and miss with them.

I'll leave you with this: cheap, fast, reliable.. pick two.

P.S. To any potential grammar Police. I wrote this from my mobile so have pitty on me.

Last edited by 2000SS1979; 10-06-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were you running a filter? Almost looks like something got wedged into that compressor blade.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

How can you say you're cutting your losses without even sending the turbo back to let him make it right? You're saving the money on shipping I guess???

At least you aren't dealing with Precision where you have a much more expensive turbo, and they have an extremely high chance of sticking you with at least a $500 bill to get it back after you send it in for "warranty work."
Old 10-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Teching In

I told you I would work with you to make it right and you got really bent out of shape. Im selling at a price where it leave little margin and I put in the auction no warranty. Does this mean I wont help someone out with an issue? No. I would be glad to help out and you didnt like my offer.

There is no way to prove something couldnt have went through it or that the turbo was setup properly. I asked for photos of the turbo on the car and just some overall photos and you have yet to send to me. I gave you the option to send me the turbo so I could check it out and closer see what could have happened or what could have caused this. I told you I could have the wheel replaced for you

It should not of happened but I really dont think its out of question that something could have went through the turbo or something else could cause the turbo to go bad.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Off topic but 3 weeks ago I got a turbo back to check out and see what could have cause the damage. Similar looking damage and I started by pulling the compressor cover. Wedged in the back part of the wheel was parts of a shop rag and the customer was reluctant before that the turbo was defective. It certainly was but due to the rag not being removed from the front of the turbo and starting it up.

Once I made the call back, he joked about it and manned up to the mistake. I know this has nothing to do with this post but this is why I need to get the product back and see exactly whats happening. Im sure in your case it could just be a defect, but in order to do anything, I need the turbo back if you needed assistance.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hmmm seems to be willing to help out...? And no replies? Maybe his eBay router crashed in him too...
Old 10-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Launching!

Chad seems to be trying to help you. Send us some pics of the turbo and return it to him. You already seem bent on cutting this as a loss. What's the worst that could happen?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 AM
TECH Resident

from my experiences you don't need a restriction on the feed line unless you are 80+psi oil pressure and if you have a 1/4" (-4AN) feed, you only need to scale it down the next size; and always have a nice sized return, at least -8, likely -10
Old 10-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Launching!

I've had my on3 76 for 10k miles and its great.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Launching!

Been out of town away from my computer. Plan on taking pics and pulling the turbo off tomorrow. I guess its possible but I dont really see how the blade could have got damaged by anything. Was running my maf and filter set up the whole time and always checked before installing it back on. I contacted ebay about removing the negative feedback. Like I said been away sorry. I do plan on pulling and returning the turbo to chad.

Last edited by miller white; 10-07-2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 10-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Launching!

And thanks for working and trying to make it right chad.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

So what ive gotten from this thread is on3 turbos have no warranty, dont. need a restrictor with proper oil system, check the turbo before installing to insure its clean and if issues be patient for a resolution.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Teching In

As much as people read, as long as you give me a chance and approach with the same respect you would want, I am always more than willing to help someone. I just need respect as well and you will get 110% back. Ill let you know once its here and corrected

Ill have my turbo guy here tear it apart to see what could of happened and correct it.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Verz
So what ive gotten from this thread is on3 turbos have no warranty, dont. need a restrictor with proper oil system, check the turbo before installing to insure its clean and if issues be patient for a resolution.
The 76 journal turbo thats sold at rock bottom pricing does not, Im considering though to offer some sort of optional warranty. I have no margins to give a 1 year like some of the other companies. There is just so much that I am able to do at that price level

On the other hand, the ceramic ball bearing does have a factory warranty of 6 months.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Resident

I think the OP should change the name of the thread to something like, "On3performance -- Good Service!"

I mean, there was clearly no warranty given on the turbo, and the track record of this brand at a ridiculously low price point is probably better than some of the respected (and expensive) brand names. To me this is far preferable to a company who promises a warranty and only offers excuses and high repair bills.

JMO.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 10-10-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

Talk about inserting your foot in your mouth.

Whenever something like this happens it is best to document everything, given the vendor/manufacture the benefit to remedy the issue and if that fails, you can dispute it and go that route.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad17
The 76 journal turbo thats sold at rock bottom pricing does not, Im considering though to offer some sort of optional warranty. I have no margins to give a 1 year like some of the other companies. There is just so much that I am able to do at that price level

On the other hand, the ceramic ball bearing does have a factory warranty of 6 months.
My ceramic ball bearing turbo has survived it's 6-month period with no issues. Pulls great. My first Turbo, so I'm pretty happy with it. May go with another one eventually, but if it aint broke, why mess with it.

Side note... I think I may be needing a new transmission soon! HAHA... (My stock tranny is starting to feel like it's going out.) I guess that speaks for the turbo's performance. Anyway... you have one happy customer. lol

Take care and good luck OP. Sounds like On3 is doing their best to work with you, given their pricepoint.

Quick Reply: On3performance junk!!!!