Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

P1 to D1 or 224/224 to LS9 First?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 02:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P1 to D1 or 224/224 to LS9 First?

I'm in the middle of freshening up a P1SC blower.

Currently its got a tired P1SC, 48Lb injectors, Duel in tank fuel pump, 224/224 113.5 TR cam, 3.4" pulley, 8 rib bracket and dual 3" ATI intercoolers.

I'm almost done with a 4" FMIC with a Procharger race bypass valve and truck hat. I'm also moving the AC condenser off the radiator and placing it behind the IC at the front bumper. The LG Motorsport/ Howe Racing radiator has two 16" Spal fans connected to the OEM circuit for low/high series/parallel operation. One puller and one pusher. This should take care of overheating issues.

Where would my time and money be best spent now? I've got two choices and I need some advice as I can't afford both at the same time.

I can do either an impeller swap or a cam swap. The impeller would be going from a P1 to a D1 along with a bearing and seal rebuild. The cam swap would be going from a TR 224/224 114 to a LS9.

In both cases I recognize larger injectors will probably be necessary as I'm currently fuel limited at 6500 RPM with the 42 lbs.

What would you do? Cam or impeller? And if Cam would you use the LS9 with LS2 cover, sprocket etc or would you get custom grind?

This is a heavy street car, with high flow cats and passes visual/sniffer CA smog.

Quick Reply: P1 to D1 or 224/224 to LS9 First?