Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ebay hotside turbo kits. yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012 | 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gpr
With only pushers on the front side of the radiator, does the car have over heating issues? I take it you could put two pushers on the front and at least one on the back side of the radiator still?
I was wondering the same thing i live in nj and hit a good amount of traffic and dont want to worry bout over heating with the ac on. and if so what fan setup are you running i know ive herd that running both pushers and pullers isnt as effective because the one side ends up blocking the other
Old 10-12-2012 | 07:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gpr
Sounds good and is what I wanted to hear. I figure a heavy turbo hanging off stainless steel headers would eventually crack.

With only pushers on the front side of the radiator, does the car have over heating issues? I take it you could put two pushers on the front and at least one on the back side of the radiator still?
I stood the radiator up, but there are a few others with pics if you search for them that have left the radiator alone, I would cut the driver side fan out and put a pusher on that side of the radiator and keep the passenger puller where it is. The passenger is also the primary fan that runs if I remember correctly.

I also agree with laytoncamaro Z28 you can use the v bands that come with the kit but they are a pita. I called precision and bought some and it made it so much easier to work with.

A lot of guys on the site will flip you crap because its made in China, bottom line is it works well like I said earlier my full weight WS6 went mid 6's in the 1/8th. Use the money saved to get a better american made turbo, gate, blow off valve ect from one of the sponsors on the site. Thats what I did and I am happy driving around south carolina in the summer with my A/C on full blast.
Old 10-12-2012 | 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by laytoncamaroz28
The eBay kit is not perfect by all means. But it is very budget friendly and keeps a/c. I ovaled out the header bolt holes and upgraded the v clamps. I'm using a tc78 and the dp did not fit so I built my own. It's a Lil more work but I am happy with it so far. Here's my build.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...t56-build.html
Your not the first person I heard of having trouble with the downpipe, I ended up shimming the motor mounts up about a 1/4 inch with washers and it fit just fine. Before it was touching the steering shaft now its good. I put a bottle jack under the downpipe raised it up until it was as high as it would go then tightened the turbo to downpipe v band clamp then fabbed the waste gate pipe and haven't had a problem since.
Old 10-15-2012 | 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya I have sphon solid motor mounts and I couldn't see it fitting any which way
Old 10-16-2012 | 09:09 AM
11 Second Club

I stood the radiator up and had room for a ford taurus electric fan. It's a large puller that moves a ton of air. It ran in the 190's in the 100 degree southern heat.

Quick Reply: Ebay hotside turbo kits. yay or nay?