Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

speed density vs maf tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

saw this title and had to give my opinion. i have a SD tune on my car and it runs absolutely amazing in either 30* weahter or 80* weather. i am NA and have a very large cam. and i agree with the above posts of its all in the tuner.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Are you saying there is an IAT vs A/F table in the custom OS? That is exactly what I've been asking, where is the temp compensation fueling table as I've only seen IAT vs spark.
Yes, it works well also in use with methanol injection along with iat spark. If methanol pump fails, IAT's rise at WOT and the computer will add the necessary fuel to compensate.

Of course you'll need to have adequate fuel pump and injector to compensate to be able to effectively do that.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
The only places that say you can only make "X" amount of power on an MAF are the guys that don't know how to tune an MAF. My tuner has made 700+ RWHP on a stock unported LS1 MAF. An MAF will always run better on a street car than speed density. Theres a reason most car manufacturers use an MAF for the main tune but "limp" back to a speed density tune if the MAF fails.

Both work well, I'm not denying that, but I personally have always liked MAF tunes over speed density.
If a maf tune drives better than SD you are doing something wrong. Anyone can peg a stock maf and rape the pe table. Your car is a perfect example of what you shouldn't do. With a pegged maf and 700+ rwhp, any additional airflow equals zero additional fuel.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So will I be happy with a speed density tune for my car that should be around 500hp with 9lbs of boost since its mostly just drivin on the street. I'm probably having speed inc do the tune this spring. Anyone have any opinions on speed inc with doing speed density tunes.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:38 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by tranb000
So will I be happy with a speed density tune for my car that should be around 500hp with 9lbs of boost since its mostly just drivin on the street. I'm probably having speed inc do the tune this spring. Anyone have any opinions on speed inc with doing speed density tunes.
The speed inc tuner is Jim Moran aka INTMD8 in this thread. He's been brought out to Dubai all expenses paid to do speed density tuning on some very expensive iron for them. I'm lucky enough to have watched him tune my car for speed density many times as I changed my setups. Now running at over 1000rwhp with 160lb high impedance injectors. Perfect drivability at all boost levels including highway cruising. I'd guess that he's done over 1000 SD tunes since I've known him.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

You don't get any better than INTMD8, he is absolutely one of the best LS tuners around. He has the expirence, and knowledge! And what I like about him is that he shares his knowledge and helps everyone out!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to know how the stock PCM calculates IAT into the fueling, search for RedHardSupra's blog. He goes into great detail about it.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies i like what i hear

Quick Reply: speed density vs maf tune