Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Poor mans LSX Real Street.......Car is sold- New car/Wifes car= new updates

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 07:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GrimReaper
After seeing how nice this box was I think I'll end up with his boost controller and bump staging box as well.
I run his nitrous controllers on my race car, very high quality. I've also set a couple guys boost leashes up and they are very simple and easy to use. I would grab that bump box and the controller no hesitations about it.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Martin.. Johns Cam isnt a reverse grind... but it will be soon.

The plastic intake kinda throws a wrench in this whole deal. Id love to see a proflo on this thing.

370 is gonna play with that turbo really nicely. Doing that will allow you to run a hydraulic cam no problem.

For heads... you need to talk to Arun about the LSA's hes doing...if you were to use these... you might be able to get this thing to peak a tick over 7k where it needs to be. There will also be some benefits these hed will afford you when it comes tim to grind the cam.

Get the car to weight and itll do better than you think it will.

And we havent even touched on all the secret squirrel **** yet.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:23 PM
FormerVendor

Johns car has always impressed me for how unconventional it is.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJohn
Martin.. Johns Cam isnt a reverse grind... but it will be soon.

The plastic intake kinda throws a wrench in this whole deal. Id love to see a proflo on this thing.

370 is gonna play with that turbo really nicely. Doing that will allow you to run a hydraulic cam no problem.

For heads... you need to talk to Arun about the LSA's hes doing...if you were to use these... you might be able to get this thing to peak a tick over 7k where it needs to be. There will also be some benefits these hed will afford you when it comes tim to grind the cam.

Get the car to weight and itll do better than you think it will.

And we havent even touched on all the secret squirrel **** yet.
I was just tonight thinking about trying to get my hands on some LSA heads, did some searching but didnt see much from vendors. I could always go to my dealership and just pick up some stock LSA's....and that would easily be within my budget.

Allowing me to stay hyd roller will be big in saving me some $$ as well, but then i have to ask....What rockers do i run?

What intake is the ProFlo? Is that the Edelbrock XT? I guess i could sell some stuff and try to include that in the build. I really need to get a set plan for the top end of this engine, find out the total cost, and save and buy!!

And ahhh Secret Squirrel, that's where all the power hides. I'm gona need a lot of that ****......although there are a lot a squirrels running around my back yard, should i catch a few? HAHA
Old 01-01-2013, 03:13 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
I run his nitrous controllers on my race car, very high quality. I've also set a couple guys boost leashes up and they are very simple and easy to use. I would grab that bump box and the controller no hesitations about it.
Yea i know i have seen a post where you said his boost controller was a good product. BoostedGT at one point and time said he used his boost controller as well. Some times i get caught up and think maybe i'll need the fine tune ability of the AMS1000. Long story short i think i will buy the boost controller and the bump box, but not the combo....in case i need to change B controllers down the road.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

need an intercooler? i got a huge core up for sale
Old 01-01-2013, 01:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by trans2000am
need an intercooler? i got a huge core up for sale
In post #16 i state that i have an Intercooler
Old 01-01-2013, 02:10 PM
9 Second Club

Good luck with your build I am trying to do somewhat the same thing next year with mine. I think im going to keep the 408 though and try to make it work with a 76. Everyone I have talked to also recommended the pro flow or holley hi ram. You already have a raised hood so if you have the funds I would think that would help ya.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:34 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by slvrbackls1
Good luck with your build I am trying to do somewhat the same thing next year with mine. I think im going to keep the 408 though and try to make it work with a 76. Everyone I have talked to also recommended the pro flow or holley hi ram. You already have a raised hood so if you have the funds I would think that would help ya.
THanks and good luck to you too, as for me trying with the 408, it always came down to "lets change the pistons" and i guess thats just a route i didnt want to go down. If you have a link to your build throw it in here as i'd love to follow it. I'd really like to see more guys in this class this up coming year!
Old 01-01-2013, 02:44 PM
9 Second Club

No link yet for me. Wanted to get some more parts coming in. I will let ya know for sure when I start. Hell if it dont work out for me I may just go your route and try a 370ci next year. I hope to make it out by Georgia or Ls fest at the latest.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GrimReaper;are 17020799
Yea i know i have seen a post where you said his boost controller was a good product. BoostedGT at one point and time said he used his boost controller as well. Some times i get caught up and think maybe i'll need the fine tune ability of the AMS1000. Long story short i think i will buy the boost controller and the bump box, but not the combo....in case i need to change B controllers down the road.
I'd use one in a heart beat, very simple and for what you're doing it will be plenty. Much cheaper than the higher end alternative out there.

As far as rockers are concerned, the stock trunion upgraded rockers will be perfect for you and your set up. They are lighter than any after market rocker and are plenty strong. Anthony peck went 5.1x@135+ with stock rockers. Also allows a more aggressive lobe to be utilized without fear of valve float.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boosted does run the leash controller. He loves it and the bump box
Old 01-01-2013, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

Great build I am in the process of building a car to run in the real street class as well! I'm doing more of a budget build tho to get the car to the track. Subscribed!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:53 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Boosted does run the leash controller. He loves it and the bump box
Good to hear, his car is bad....and i like the vids 1320 keeps putting up!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bigrob339
Great build I am in the process of building a car to run in the real street class as well! I'm doing more of a budget build tho to get the car to the track. Subscribed!

I'm glad to see so much interest in this class, i hope they keep it real. I dont want to try to do a 25.2 cert out of this deal. 8.50-9.0 seems to be attracting a good amount of people.

Again if you start your build throw a link in here so i can subscribe.

I'll be doing work tomorrow!!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:01 PM
9 Second Club

As far as rockers are concerned, the stock trunion upgraded rockers will be perfect for you and your set up. They are lighter than any after market rocker and are plenty strong. Anthony peck went 5.1x@135+ with stock rockers. Also allows a more aggressive lobe to be utilized without fear of valve float.

Ya'll sell those already done up Martin?
Old 01-01-2013, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ld-thread.html
There is my build thread. Not updated recently but will soon once more progress is made.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:40 AM
FormerVendor

Ya'll sell those already done up Martin?
We could go ahead and press the new trunions in a set of stock rockers for you most certainly. We have plenty of sets of rockers laying around the shop in good condition and have the trunions on the shelf. We could work out a valve-train package for you when you decide on who and what you want.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:44 AM
9 Second Club

We could go ahead and press the new trunions in a set of stock rockers for you most certainly. We have plenty of sets of rockers laying around the shop in good condition and have the trunions on the shelf. We could work out a valve-train package for you when you decide on who and what you want.
Haha, Martin you are a good guy! I've got no clue who or what i want with this build. It took me 12 phone calls to get set up on a short block. But i do know i want LSA heads, and i'll prolly just leave them stock. So i guess i need a camshaft and springs to go with those heads.

I almost ordered those heads today from the dealership, but they had some TFS 215's and a fast 90 laying around from the days when i was doing some builds there and they made me a deal i couldn't refuse at all. So now i'll try to sell those items to pay for my top end.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

im gonna be following this build cant wait to see it finished.

Quick Reply: Poor mans LSX Real Street.......Car is sold- New car/Wifes car= new updates