Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

which turbo would you run.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LilJohn
In addition the fuel needed was more.
I have a question. Isnt burning more fuel at the same afr a sign of more work being done?

ie, wouldnt a person want the cam that burns the most fuel?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Only wanting 650-700hp out of a 5.3? You clearly need twin 101mm's...lol.
This is the dumbest thread i've read in a long time. People really recomending 88mm's?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJohn
How long we gonna dance this Dance?
That's fine if that's your opinion, I've reached a very different conclusion through my testing on several cars on the dyno and the track.

How long are we gonna dance this dance?

You are the one saying my camshaft has a "problem". In another thread where someone posted nice results at the track you said "TU2 that's pretty funny". So again, while this is a camshaft I've used for years that has proven itself in extremely efficient combos you're on here saying it's a problem and don't expect a response from me?

The answer to your question is- As long as you keep posting nonsense.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isky Iskenderian, who has designed cams for a long time says a single pattern cam will

"ALWAYS make more torque"

I have a single pattern cam thats close in spec to the tu2, and it is a monster from idle to redline. It is ridiculous how strong it pulls.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gfleck047
I am doing a turbo 5.3 mustang. I am planning on using a tu1 cam. I would like around 650hp 700 hp have a set of 243 heads. I have been looking for a turbo for a few months just can't seem to figure out what I need. I was looking at a s400, a CRT mid frame 88 , gt4082 I believe, tc78. I just don't know what will work good or what will be a waste of money. It Is gonna be a drag car that might see a few miles of street but not a lot.. I wanna keep the turbo below 1200 ... what turbo would you use and why and will the tu1 work good or not? Any advise would be awesome
For a single, personally I would run a PT7175 and a TU1. Fast response and still 900rwhp capable. More than your goal but it will be super efficient at the 700hp level. Also, I would run different heads or mill the 243's and aim for at least 9.5-1 compression.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 71 chevy
im using a single pattern similar to the tu2, but a little less duration. it lopes at idle, but it spools ridiculously fast(10 psi on the transbrake takes 0.8 seconds,as i said, sick fast), but will rev all the way to 7600, so it is a little big.

the tu2 will actually act a little smaller than my cam though, because the 112.5 lsa has the intake valve closing a little earlier, for a little more dynamic compression. it would work in a heart beat, but be prepared for the engine to rev.
LSA has nothing to do with when or where the intake valve closes nor does it affect dynamic compression.

LSA controls EVO, EVC and is a function of overlap. You're thinking of ICL as ICL controls where the intake valve closes and affects dynamic compression.

Quick Reply: which turbo would you run.