Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On 3 Performance Introduction, New Turbo System Details, And Photos

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 02:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On 3 Performance Introduction, New Turbo System Details, And Photos

Some people might have heard of our company and other might not of. I wanted to introduce the company and myself to show everyone the products we are bringing to the GM market this month. As of right now we are going to be releasing 3 new single turbo systems:

98 – 02 F-body with No AC
98 – 02 F-body with AC
2010+ Camaro

We have plans on mocking up a c6 vette system in the next few months to hopefully put into production by the end of summer.

I have chatted with a few people in the past few years about at some point designing and offering a 4th gen turbo system. There was some doubt, others saying its not possible to do at the price level I said I would release it at. Well, the first car is done(95%) and up running on its own. I have done it with the Mustang’s since 2008 and figured why not offer GM applications as I take the call/email daily

After discussing this project with a customer some time ago we started a mock up on his car. While we had his car, we completed 2 different kits, first a setup around stock suspension that loses the a/c. Then swapped out the kmember, threw the a/c back on the car and designed a 2nd system for people requiring a system that keeps the a/c. I did keep the radiator in the stock location for both systems so there is no need to stand up the radiator

Its been a long time in the developing and manufacturing stages(almost 2 years now) and its finally ready to start shipping around the end of this month. The first system without a/c is pretty simple. Its going to include our 70mm turbo standard and built around the cast manifolds that we built a custom ypipe to merge. Brand new cast manifolds will be included with each turbo system so you don’t have to track down any used parts. Then we designed a downpipe that goes the full length to the existing catback. That way you are not obligated to run an open downpipe or have a back section fabricated to run into the current catback on the car. We produced the cold side out of 6061 aluminum with bead rolled ends. Its going to also include the bar and plate intercooler, On 3 50mm bov, On 3 vbanded 44mm wastegate, oil supply/drain, couplers, billet alternator relocation, new tensioner, clamps, hardware, etc. Both of the kits will be available under $1999 and we have quite a few other options that we will be able to do with the kits as well. For exact pricing you can check out our website or email me On3Performance@aol.com

I ended up buying a pretty wore up 98 z28 automatic car to finish testing over the summer. I swapped in the BMR turbo kmember and have completed the final fitment and testing on the AC turbo system. Only other mods I have done to this point have been upgraded injectors, On 3 76mm journal turbo(just had it laying around), 4" intercooler and our custom bronze gear scavenge pump.

As of right now I dont have any dyno numbers, we have the 5psi spring in the gate. With this being my first f-body car I have ever owned, its pretty impressing. The car runs and drive just about like a stock car, no weird suspension or vibrations noises at all. I really dont plan on pushing this car but Im sure we will have some customers right out of the bat that will put it to the test quickly. My car has 155k on it and dont thing she will like too much more boost.

Anyways just wanted to post up some details on the build and where the car stands as of right now. Ill update it as I get feedback, videos, photos, etc

As for the 2010+ Camaro , that single setup will be released at the same time as the other 2 systems. We have some of the details currently on the site right now and will be updating it more as we go

I wanted to also get a few photos up showing the kit on the car and what we have going on.

Name:  DSC05565.jpg
Views: 1376
Size:  87.7 KB

Name:  DSC05562.jpg
Views: 2168
Size:  102.1 KB

Name:  DSC05567.jpg
Views: 2688
Size:  98.6 KB

This is the custom cast manifold we opened a mould to do. This is the key to the a/c turbo setup and cool as its vbanded right out of the box. Im also considering opening 2 new moulds to offer the truck manifolds vbanded for future production kits and for custom builds

Name:  DSC06049.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  93.7 KB

Name:  DSC05517.jpg
Views: 1172
Size:  92.1 KB

This is an optional kit we will offer that Im putting together for around $99. Its a power steering line kit which will be including all the fittings, high pressure line on the one side and a standard black braided nylon hose for the return. Any of those that have build one of these cars knows its hard to get the lines out of the way and are easily collapsed when bending by hand

Name:  DSC06061.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  55.7 KB

This is the non-ac kit which is tucked up just a bit higher as the floor pan give us a little more room to work with on this side. Both are up as high as possible, 3" downpipe by the way

Name:  DSC05381.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  61.1 KB

Bumper back on showing how the intercooler sits in the grill

Name:  DSC05387.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  96.8 KB

Here is also a photo of the setup when I still had the stock suspension on the car and tested with the first kit which used stock suspension but ditches the a/c:

Name:  DSC05379.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  89.8 KB

I was able to really get both of them tucked up really well and able to keep ground clearance to a maximum.

I had some scrap aluminum laying around so I cut it up and made a deflector to help push air though to the radiator and also work as a mounting point for 2 brackets to the radiator. I havent made the brackets yet but the plate is on the car and mounted.

Name:  DSC05911-1.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  DSC06155.jpg
Views: 3170
Size:  93.1 KB

One thing on both of these kits, scavenge pumps are a must. I see others selling kits with the turbo even slightly lower and it just doesnt work. The pumps are a must but we are working with another manufacture to get a bronze gear pump made. Should be able to offer them right around $140 hopefully with the kits if everything goes as planned. The first pump is on my car right now and flawless to this point, they are just a little noisy

Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have, pm me, or shoot an email over at On3Performance@aol.com

Anyone planning on ordering, the kits are going to be shipping at the end of this month. Some parts are finished and others are not, so everything is still being put together. After that point, we will be stocking the systems so that if you call and order on a Monday, it should be leaving our dock within 24/48 hours on most occasions.

I look forward to sharing my builds, selling some turbo systems and assisting customers with their builds

Thanks

We are running a special on LS1Tech as many people have been asking. The first 10 buyers on this list paid for will get a kit for retail price on the web site and FREE SHIPPING (~$100).

Last edited by On 3 Performance; 01-03-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:18 PM
FormerVendor

This is another simple part we have to simplify the oil feed install which can be included with kit purchases

Name:  DSC06163.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  33.8 KB

Name:  DSC06164.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  31.2 KB

Name:  DSC06165.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  30.0 KB
Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 PM
TECH Resident

Nice to see you guys coming to the LSx world. System looks good.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:16 PM
11 Second Club

Def like the manifold
Old 12-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Hell yea. If that price is true, count me down for one.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any good deals on turbos for members????????
Old 12-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Country of origin of the parts?
Old 12-06-2012, 04:43 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

You picked a bad time to come to this site offering kits. All I can say is only accept payment for what you are able to ship out that day, and watch your step because there's a lot of guys on here who have been burned.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

great to hear now you just need a lsx mustang turbo kit
Old 12-06-2012, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any chance of a GTO system?
Old 12-06-2012, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you using for cooling fans?
Old 12-06-2012, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1999Black_Z28
What are you using for cooling fans?
Right? I see that you kept everything in its stock location but what type of fans are you using? Puller or pusher
Old 12-06-2012, 07:01 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks and I do see the stuff that is going on recently and had a few guys that have called and tell me a little about it. Honestly its no of my business, I feel for anyone thats lost money and all I can do myself is prove the product. I have wanted to be involved on the site and active for quite awhile but I really didnt want to start the sponsorship till we had product. This is not a situation where Im looking for sales to produce the kits. I have kits being built and we will be shipping at the end of this month and at the latest, my guess would be the first week of January.

I have most of the stuff here already put together in kit form, I just refuse to send out a kit thats not complete. Im new and I know I have to earn the trust but Ive been doing this for quite awhile and have high expectations for this market.

As for the fans, we do get rid of the stock fan and use a pusher style. Its a 2200cfm single 12" fan as of right now. I have talked with quite a few guys that have said thats the route and what they use, so thats what I went with. Its made by Derale and part number 16925

As far as the GTO, Im sure its something I will do, just not sure how soon Ill be able to get a car in and mock it up. The next car in line is a twin setup for a earlier Mustang as of right now and then a C6 Vette
Old 12-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Launching!

Make the truck manifolds with v bands!!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my friend has an on3 kit on his 05gt and he has never had a problem with it. he now has a forged shortblock and the turbo kit is still going strong.
its good to see you guys have come over to the LS F body's.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great to have you on board. I see you mentioned a C6 kit...what about the C5?
Old 12-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen your affordable kits for the Mustangs and I am happy to see them now for our cars!

For the A/C kit, is the BMR K-member required????

Thanks
Old 12-06-2012, 07:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by konceptracin
Make the truck manifolds with v bands!!!!
Well thats why Im on the board, I need ideas and I can turn them into a production part. I have discussed this already to see if it can be done and Im pretty sure it wont be difficult. Just need to see what the demand is and possibly down the road implement them into our kits.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's the price on the coldside? Intercooler and pipes to the intake manifold? The welder im buying doesn't do aluminum.

Last edited by alexcoreas; 12-06-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:31 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jleews6
my friend has an on3 kit on his 05gt and he has never had a problem with it. he now has a forged shortblock and the turbo kit is still going strong.
its good to see you guys have come over to the LS F body's.
Good to hear, the 3v is a fun kit.

Originally Posted by kainedogg
Great to have you on board. I see you mentioned a C6 kit...what about the C5?
I would like to say its something we will do but I just do not know when Ill get to it

Originally Posted by Droptoplt1ta
I have seen your affordable kits for the Mustangs and I am happy to see them now for our cars!

For the A/C kit, is the BMR K-member required????

Thanks
Yes the turbo kmember is required to run with the kit which retains the a/c

Quick Reply: On 3 Performance Introduction, New Turbo System Details, And Photos