Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I'm bout to buy.......... Turbo K-member... BMR or who????

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For those that ordered a MWC k-member, how long did it take to receive?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
For those that ordered a MWC k-member, how long did it take to receive?
That would really depend, your best bet for a definitive answer is to call Eric, he might have one on hand or it might have to be made.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Why don't you try going to their website or do you expect someone to bring you one to your house and let you see it and examine it without ever getting off the couch?
i did. twice.

http://midwestchassis.com/k-members.html

take a gander. WOW look at those pics! the same shitty, tiny ones already posted. maybe that trash was acceptable back in the early 90s when only 640x480 resolution monitors were affordable, but it's not the 90s anymore. do you still wear tapered jeans, too?

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
No schmuck I was giving a option for people who don't want to wait and see if they post again.

Some people will look for answers and others want to be spoon fed everything.
clearly i'm of the latter.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok ok. I got the scoop on the mild steel vs CM MWC K member.

the weights I listed were right. So 2 lbs savings vs an extra 100 dollars.....however that 100 dollars does get you some better welding and an overall stronger K member so that makes a little more sense.

Ordered my MWC today. Cannot wait.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
ok ok. I got the scoop on the mild steel vs CM MWC K member.

the weights I listed were right. So 2 lbs savings vs an extra 100 dollars.....however that 100 dollars does get you some better welding and an overall stronger K member so that makes a little more sense.

MWC suggested to me that I get mild steel since my car is still a street car and mild steel gives more flex than chromoly reducing the chance of cracking etc.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Somebody09
take a gander. WOW look at those pics! the same shitty, tiny ones already posted. maybe that trash was acceptable back in the early 90s when only 640x480 resolution monitors were affordable, but it's not the 90s anymore. do you still wear tapered jeans, too?
DJfury already posted pictures of his MWC K so what the **** are you bitching about again? Its like you came in here to cry about something. LMAO you talk about their pictures on the site being trash and if you were a business man blah blah, GTFO. If your too goddamn lazy to research a product for yourself fine, but don't trounce this thread because your an asshat low life with nothing better to do than derail an other wise good thread.

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD

DJfury and the guys on RWHP.us helped me decide to go with MWC when I was shopping, you'll be very happy with your stuff when you get it. MWC stuff has excellent value.

Also remember any time your looking at something MS vs CM that the amount of savings depends on how much metal material is being used to make the part. Say for example CM LCA's vs MS, those things are tiny so the weight difference would likely be like half a pound or something, where as a roll bar uses much more material so the savings are going to be greater. Similar to a sale the more you spend the more you save. I'm sure you knew that thought, just putting it out there for someone who might stumble upon this thread.

Last edited by My6speedZ; 01-09-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:22 AM
TECH Addict

DJfury already posted pictures of his MWC K so what the **** are you bitching about again? Its like you came in here to cry about something. LMAO you talk about their pictures on the site being trash and if you were a business man blah blah, GTFO. If your too goddamn lazy to research a product for yourself fine, but don't trounce this thread because your an asshat low life with nothing better to do than derail an other wise good thread.

DJfury and the guys on RWHP.us helped me decide to go with MWC when I was shopping, you'll be very happy with your stuff when you get it. MWC stuff has excellent value.

Also remember any time your looking at something MS vs CM that the amount of savings depends on how much metal material is being used to make the part. Say for example CM LCA's vs MS, those things are tiny so the weight difference would likely be like half a pound or something, where as a roll bar uses much more material so the savings are going to be greater. Similar to a sale the more you spend the more you save. I'm sure you knew that thought, just putting it out there for someone who might stumble upon this thread.

totally agree. this is just one of few grey areas where you can save almost as much weight with MS vs CM and retain better street manners while having good track capability and saving a dollar and still getting an excellent piece. save the money on the K and use it for the CM upgrade on a piece that could really benefit from the material.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:35 AM
TECH Resident

lol yeah ok. i came into this thread because i'm was looking to ditch my UMI k-member for another. doubt MWC even cares at this point, but it was MWC's lack of effort in providing pics to my satisfaction (understand those words as i chose them carefully) that made me certain BMR's product was better for a turbo build. it doesn't take a marketing genius to figure that out. hey, maybe BMR's product isn't better, but that's only my problem at this point.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Somebody09
lol yeah ok. i came into this thread because i'm was looking to ditch my UMI k-member for another. doubt MWC even cares at this point, but it was MWC's lack of effort in providing pics to my satisfaction (understand those words as i chose them carefully) that made me certain BMR's product was better for a turbo build. it doesn't take a marketing genius to figure that out. hey, maybe BMR's product isn't better, but that's only my problem at this point.
Just remember there are reasons why they have people that can sit on forums and be on the phone all day where guys like Eric and Strano have limited time to spoon fed would be customers because they want to feel coddled. They have their own shops and their first priority is satisfy orders that they have already taken. read that, I chose those words carefully .Those are the guys that have spent time at the track, have provided our community with real data, and have dedicated their time to providing us with products that work. Where the other guys have huge operations, throw money at problems, undercut the smaller operations (maybe forcing them out of business) and pay people to suck off consumers and make them feel special. I guess its just what your into. I mean if you think that them not sending you personal pictures is an indication that they intentionally didn't because they make an inferior product then your a total toolbag.

I mean seriously dude, its a GD K-member. What is there to imagine? I also like how you dismissed the point that more MWC pictures HAD IN FACT...... been posted in the thread.

Last edited by My6speedZ; 01-10-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just remember there are reasons why they have people that can sit on forums and be on the phone all day where guys like Eric and Strano have limited time to spoon fed would be customers because they want to feel coddled. They have their own shops and their first priority is satisfy orders that they have already taken. read that, I chose those words carefully .Those are the guys that have spent time at the track, have provided our community with real data, and have dedicated their time to providing us with products that work. Where the other guys have huge operations, throw money at problems, undercut the smaller operations (maybe forcing them out of business) and pay people to suck off consumers and make them feel special. I guess its just what your into. I mean if you think that them not sending you personal pictures is an indication that they intentionally didn't because they make an inferior product then your a total toolbag.

I mean seriously dude, its a GD K-member. What is there to imagine? I also like how you dismissed the point that more MWC pictures HAD IN FACT...... been posted in the thread.
On the other hand... first experience customer service means a lot as well. Just because you have a "good reputation" doesn't always bring in the business. If someone is looking for more information and it's not supplied because you're too busy to supply that info to a potential customer, but another company does... you're probably not going to get that customer.

Business 101 - Customer Service & First Impressions.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

I guess a proven track record and some of the best products offered for our cars while also being extremely well made and well priced (if not THE best priced) isn't enough?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speaking of "business 101" I can definately see why companies (especially small ones like MWC) just can't justify paying somebody to sit at the computer all day and answer questions for all the semi-serious looky-lou customers, who probably won't buy anything also resulting in higher prices for customers who actually do buy their stuff. They make their fair effort IMO, there's plenty of info about them on here. The serious customers will make an effort to find the info, and passionate people will do research before buying anything for their car.

If they haven't responded to your demands promptly enough, it's probably because they were out in the shop building stuff for people who have already paid them. THOSE people should have first priority IMO.

In the time it took to read this post, you could have google image'd "MWC K-member" or, God forbid, worked the search bar that's on your screen in front of you.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Speaking of "business 101" I can definately see why companies (especially small ones like MWC) just can't justify paying somebody to sit at the computer all day and answer questions for all the semi-serious looky-lou customers, who probably won't buy anything also resulting in higher prices for customers who actually do buy their stuff. They make their fair effort IMO, there's plenty of info about them on here. The serious customers will make an effort to find the info, and passionate people will do research before buying anything for their car.

If they haven't responded to your demands promptly enough, it's probably because they were out in the shop building stuff for people who have already paid them. THOSE people should have first priority IMO.

In the time it took to read this post, you could have google image'd "MWC K-member" or, God forbid, worked the search bar that's on your screen in front of you.

I just emailed them and they got back to me in the following day or 2. i know that small companies can't pay someone to sit at a computer all day. It's usually the guys that do their own work that really take pride in the products that they put out though.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MasterTomos

Glad someone agrees with me, 1 in 10 quotes given weather by phone or pm probably lead to an actual sale. That is alot of time to sacrifice when there are orders to be filled and your producing the products yourself. One person can only do so much and there are only so many hours in a day.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:05 AM
Launching!

can anyone verify that the UMI lower control arms will work with the MWC K Member... i have the ones with the adjustable heim Joints..
And they said about 3 weeks wait time.... i am going to order mine monday if i can use my lowers
Old 01-12-2013, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

I don't see why not, I'm not 100% sure but it looks like they would.

P.S. Guys doubting MWC, The Ohio Boys sound famillar? Low 7's at over 200MPH? Koolrayz has the fastest 1/4 Mile X275 car in the country, and runs MWC stuff.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TheLS1Lover
I don't see why not, I'm not 100% sure but it looks like they would.

P.S. Guys doubting MWC, The Ohio Boys sound famillar? Low 7's at over 200MPH? Koolrayz has the fastest 1/4 Mile X275 car in the country, and runs MWC stuff.
That was what I was going to say....way too many 7 second renowned cars at the track using there products....he does not need to advertise or use high quality photos....the high quality is in the products and speaks for itself through the existing customers and the cars beating the crap out of them.

Ray Litz
Ohio Boys
He did Andy's car ( Lastls1)
That orange 106mm trans am......
I am sure the list goes on too.

pretty much the most badass cars around....running his products though....nuff said. MWC FTFW
Old 01-13-2013, 12:37 PM
9 Second Club

another vote for MWC or PA. i would have all MWC on my car but their build time last year was a little longer than i was wanting to hold out for and grabbed a PA complete front end setup. i would not hesitate to get either or and the prices and quality of both are very very good. **** paying $550-600 for a k'member from the other company IMHO! $400 is far more appealing to me!! And with a weight savings to boot? Win Win!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Launching!

i am ording a MWC K member and Solid Motor Mounts Now b:}
Old 01-14-2013, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

I still want to know how big of a downpipe can fit on the driverside... nobody seems to have an answer.

Quick Reply: I'm bout to buy.......... Turbo K-member... BMR or who????