Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question LSA ZL1 supercharger on '06 LS2 GTO

Did a bit of searching and couldn't find a concrete answer, so here goes:

A bit of background.
Vehicle: '06 LS2 GTO
Engine going in: 4.0" Bore, 3.26" stroke (4.8 crank and rods from 07+) ~328 cubic inches, Mahle 4.05" pistons for LS3 combustion chamber (-4cc). LSA cylinder heads / head gaskets. Appropriate camshaft for positive displacement supercharger and smog purposes.

I found a LSA supercharger for sale, 5K mile pullout that has lower, upper w/intercooler, all sensors, fuel rails included. I'd like some help with what I will need to complete this install in my GTO

1) Fuel injectors (what length?), Fuel pump, Tune
2) Water pump w/ additional mounting bosses, Crankshaft damper pulley of course, Supercharger belt and Tensioner.
3) I'm not sure if the GTO accessories will work, does anyone know if the distance away from the front of the engine is different between the GTO LS2 and the CTS-V/ZL1 LSA accessories?(Tensioner brackets, A/C compressor, PS pump, Alternator, idler pulleys?)

Any help on this that you can give me is much appreciated. I know it might be costly, but on the long block side of things I am pretty well invested in this, and it appears that I am just dealing with the front engine accessory drive at this point, and fueling.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GTO uses fbody (98-02) accessory spacing and CTSV uses vette spacing...so they are different. You can buy a ctsv balancer for under $150 brand new and then try to space everything to match. Not sure where your alternator is located on the gto but if its lower driver side a ctsv w/lsa alternator bracket will fix that...then holley makes ls-brackets that you can buy and then you pick out your spacing kit and you can make all your accessories vette spacing.

Quick Reply: LSA ZL1 supercharger on '06 LS2 GTO