Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

how to build more boost on the launch with auto

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 08:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

damn you! i thought for sure i was gonna be the first to suggest e-braking. bah!
Old 04-19-2004, 09:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had a 4L60E built with a brake in it. The wheels came up about 2.5 feet leaving on 200 worth of bottle with the brake and 2step on. I was driving and it felt like a bus hit me in the back. Goebel built the tranny. It went down the track 3 times with a flare up from 2-3. On the way home the 3-4 clutch pack went away. It had nothing to do with the T-brake though. I ran my 4L60E to a 6.26 in the 1/8. I tried for the 5.99 with over 700rwhp with that same 4L60E and it went away. I broke the input housing drum. LOL. It was a good tranny though. I would recommend them any day over any other A4.

You will probably need a 2step at least and a t-brake to get the real boost.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard of one way to build a little bit more boost with an auto that a few of the syclone/typhoon guys have told me before. I have never had the chance to prove, or disprove it since I have never had a turbo on an automatic. They said that they would stage, stick the truck in neutral, rev it while pushing on the brakes as hard as they could, then put it in gear and stall it up. They told me that for some reason(they knew the exact reason, but I do not) that they were able to get the brakes to hold harder when they did that, and then when they stalled it they could give it more gas before the truck started moving, and build more boost off the launch. Like I said, this is what I have heard from them, and I figured that they knew what they were talking about. Might want to give it a shot once, and see if there is any truth to it.

Quick Reply: how to build more boost on the launch with auto